Answers to questions about structures, ventilation, soil, water, waste, energy, machinery and safety.
Agriculture and environment
Bold Goal, Bold Future
Agriculture impacts all Missourians. Find out how we’re strengthening the industry.Watch now (clickable)
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state’s natural resources.Join our Efforts (clickable)
Whether you own or manage an operation, find upcoming events to help you succeed in agriculture business and environmental stewardship.Find workshops and events (clickable)
Interested in growing your agriculture business? We are too. Explore this content to discover the ways MU Extension can help you take part in our goal of doubling agriculture by 2030 while sustaining natural resources — #2xAg2030.
During this unprecedented time, MU Extension creates resources to keep you safe, while strengthening Missouri's agricultural economy. Refer to the resources on this page to navigate on-farm safety, food safety and disaster recovery.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Agricultural Business and Policy Extension
Serves rural Missouri by helping farms, agribusinesses and communities understand their opportunities and challenges to make informed decisions
Based on the life of Annette (Kohlhagen) Fleck, Annie’s Project empowers farm women to be better business partners through networks, managing and organizing critical information.
Aquaculture and Fisheries Extension
Resources to help you plan and manage for recreational fishing or commercial aquaculture.
Meet the experts
- Ray Massey EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Hank Stelzer ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF FORESTRY EXTENSION
- Karen Funkenbusch INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Stacey Hamilton EXTENSION SPCLST
- David Patterson CHANCELLOR'S PROFESSOR
- Eric Bailey ASSISTANT PROFESSOR STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Jared Decker WURDACK CHAIR IN BEEF GENOMICS ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECALIST
- John Kruse Associate Extension Professor
- Scott Poock ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR, EXTENSION VET MED
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Amie Breshears FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Andrew McCorkill FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Anita Ellis FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Brenda Schreck FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Bruce Fowler POST SECONDARY ADULT EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- C. Tim Schnakenberg FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Charles Ellis FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL ENGINEERING