Answers to questions about structures, ventilation, soil, water, waste, energy, machinery and safety.
Agriculture and environment
Bold Goal, Bold Future
Agriculture impacts all Missourians. Find out how we’re strengthening the industry.Watch now (clickable)
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state’s natural resources.Join our Efforts (clickable)
Whether you own or manage an operation, find upcoming events to help you succeed in agriculture business and environmental stewardship.Find workshops and events (clickable)
Interested in growing your agriculture business? We are too. Explore this content to discover the ways MU Extension can help you take part in our goal of doubling agriculture by 2030 while sustaining natural resources — #2xAg2030.
During this unprecedented time, MU Extension creates resources to keep you safe, while strengthening Missouri's agricultural economy. Refer to the resources on this page to navigate on-farm safety, food safety and disaster recovery.
Master Pollinator Steward
Learn about the relationship between pollinators such as honeybees and a healthy ecosystem.
Providing hands-on learning and education so youth can build habits of responsibility, resiliency and hard work to succeed in life.
Based on the life of Annette (Kohlhagen) Fleck, Annie’s Project empowers farm women to be better business partners through networks, managing and organizing critical information.
Provides in-depth horticulture training for Missourians who wish to spread their knowledge of gardening.
Meet the experts
- Karen Funkenbusch INSTRUCTOR, EXTNS
- Stacey Hamilton EXT. SPECIALIST, ANIMAL SCIENCE
- Hank Stelzer ASSOC. PROFESSOR, STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, FORESTRY & EDUCATION DIRECTOR, EXT. NATURAL RESOURCES
- Charles Ellis FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL SYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY
- William Halleran FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Eric Bailey ASST. PROF. & STATE BEEF EXT. SPECIALIST
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- John Kruse Associate Extension Professor
- Raymond Massey ADJUNCT
- Craig Payne ASSOC. EXT. PROF., EXT. VET MED
- Scott Poock ASSOC. EXT. PROF., EXT. VET MED
- Sarah Denkler REGIONAL DIRECTOR
- Steven Abernathy RESEARCH/LAB TECHNICIAN SR
- Donna Aufdenberg FIELD SPECIALIST IN HORTICULTURE
- Mandy Bish ASST. PROF. & STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, FIELD CROP PATHOLOGY
- Reagan Bluel FIELD SPECIALIST IN DAIRY
- Kevin Bradley PROF. & STATE EXT. SPECIALIST, WEED SCIENCE
- Amie Breshears FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS