Answers to questions about structures, ventilation, soil, water, waste, energy, machinery and safety.
Agriculture and environment
MU Extension provides resources to help you transition to the next phase of COVID-19 in your area.Access Resources (clickable)
The singular goal of Agriculture and Environment Extension is to double the value of Missouri agriculture by 2030 while sustaining the state’s natural resources.Join our Efforts (clickable)
Whether you own or manage an operation, find upcoming events to help you succeed in agriculture business and environmental stewardship.Find workshops and events (clickable)
During this unprecedented time, MU Extension creates resources to keep you safe, while strengthening Missouri's agricultural economy. Refer to the resources on this page to navigate on-farm safety, food safety and disaster recovery.
Soil and Plant Testing Laboratory
Analyzes soil, plant, water, manure, compost and greenhouse media.
Agricultural Business and Policy Extension
Serves rural Missouri by helping farms, agribusinesses and communities understand their opportunities and challenges to make informed decisions
Based on the life of Annette (Kohlhagen) Fleck, Annie’s Project empowers farm women to be better business partners through networks, managing and organizing critical information.
Climate and Weather
Information about the Missouri MESONET weather station network; state, national and international weather resources; agricultural weather; weather and climate data.
Meet the experts
- Ray Massey EXTENSION PROFESSOR
- Hank Stelzer ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF FORESTRY EXTENSION
- Stacey Hamilton DAIRY SPECIALIST, UNIVERSITY OF MISSOURI SOUTHWEST RESEARCH CENTER
- David Patterson CHANCELLOR'S PROFESSOR
- Eric Bailey ASSISTANT PROFESSOR STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECIALIST
- Jared Decker WURDACK CHAIR IN BEEF GENOMICS ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR - STATE BEEF EXTENSION SPECALIST
- John Kruse Associate Extension Professor
- Scott Poock ASSOCIATE EXTENSION PROFESSOR, EXTENSION VET MED
- Wayne Flanary FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Mary Sobba FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRICULTURAL BUSINESS
- Sarah Hultine Massengale COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN COMMUNITY ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
- Amie Schleicher FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Andrew McCorkill FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Andy Luke FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY
- Anita Ellis FIELD SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK
- Brenda Schreck COUNTY ENGAGEMENT SPECIALIST IN LIVESTOCK AND 4-H YOUTH DEVELOPMENT
- Bruce Fowler POST SECONDARY ADULT EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST
- C. Tim Schnakenberg FIELD SPECIALIST IN AGRONOMY