WEPOWER Chisholm's Chair Fellowship
WEPOWER's Chisholm's Chair Fellowship (CCF) is a training initiative designed to support Black and Latinx women along their public leadership development journey as they explore and consider pursuing publicly elected and appointed office
St. Louis has an unprecedented opportunity to cultivate a new generation of leaders who are accountable to the community, collaborative, committed to transformational policy and systems change, and driven by a vision larger than themselves to usher our region towards a day where all communities prosper and thrive.
Chisholm's Chair is for women that identify as champions of equity. Women that are unbought, unbossed, bold and unapologetic leaders, remaining connected to and inspired by a transformative vision for their communities, para la gente. We’re especially looking to support women that want to leverage their decision making power to transform the early childhood education, K-12 education, or economic systems in the Greater St. Louis region.
Fellows will access monthly training sessions, guest experts, connections to vendors and consultants, community-building experiences, peer coaching groups, and healing sessions.
Goals for Chisholm’s Chair Fellow Development:
- Gain clarity on which position of regional power you are interested in pursuing and establish a timeline for going after it.
- Articulate a clear story-of-self that communicates a vision for change and identifies policy solutions to address systemic issues.
- Build the knowledge and connections to run a well resourced and strategic campaign for local elected/appointed office.
Sessions (in-person) will take place one weekend per month for four months (October 2021 - January 2022).
We’re asking participants to be available:
- Friday evening from 6 to 9pm
- Saturday from 9am to 5pm
- Sunday from 1 to 6pm.
Who Should Apply?
WEPOWER's Chisholm's Chair has a targeted focus on Black and Latinx women that have expressed an interest in exploring elected or appointed leadership positions within the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County within the next 1 to 5 years. As a member of the cohort, you will be 1 of 15 phenomenal women taking her leadership to the next level.
Consider apply if:
- You self-identify as Black/African-American and/or Hispanic/Latinx.
- You self-identify as a woman.
- You will be at least 18 years of age or older by the start of the cohort (October 22, 2021).
- You are a City of St. Louis, St. Louis County or East St. Louis resident.
This Fellowship is FREE.
For more information and to apply, click here: https://wepowerstl.org/chisholms-chair/?emci=5a8d8be6-2301-ec11-b563-501ac57b8fa7&emdi=03b6e14e-390b-ec11-981f-501ac57ba3ed&ceid=3801875
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Oct. 16, 2021
Event time: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
News & articles
Online courseHAI-Infection Prevention on the Frontlines: Back to the Basics—in the Midst of a Global Pandemic 2.0 (042021)
April 15, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2021