Vehicle Fire Fighting - CP22244
Hours: 8 | Prerequisites: Yes | Students: 15–30 | Host requirements: Contact MU FRTI for Details
One of the least recognized aspects of fire threat is the vehicle fire. Due to recent changes in vehicle design and construction firefighters are forced to change the way vehicle fires are fought. This course will present safe and efficient strategies and tactics to extinguish vehicles fires based upon: vehicle design; operating fuel, construction materials; location; and ignition and coolant systems. Students will participate in live fire evolutions using a vehicle firefighting simulator.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA):Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
- Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.
- Basic Fire Fighter Skills
- or Firefighter I certification
- Equivalent programs will be considered with documentation of completion
Host Agency: Willard Fire Protection District
To Register Contact: Kevin Samsel at 417-425-9921 or [email protected]
Sessions: (6:00 pm - 10:00 pm)
Partners: State Farm Insurance
State Farm Insurance — Funding provided by State Farm Insurance as a donation to support training for fire and emergency service personnel.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Dec. 1, 2021
Event time: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Event date: Dec. 1, 2021
Event time: 9:00 am - 11:30 am
News & articles
CEUHAI-Resources for CIC Certification: Nursing Strategies to Decrease Healthcare Associated Infections
Online courseThe Beginning Gardener-Getting Started with Vegetables 2021
Feb. 27, 2021 - April 17, 2021