Structural Fire Fighting Techniques - CP21140
Face to Face
Hours: 12 | Prerequisites: Yes | Host requirements: None
This course will explain, demonstrate, and provide hands-on skills training in fire ground operations necessary in interior structural fire attack. Topics include ICS, size-up, search and rescue, ventilation, forcible entry and hose stream management. This course will be taught in a lecture/practical format, including “live” fire training evolutions.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
- Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.
- Basic Fire Fighter Skills
- or Firefighter I certification
- Equivalent programs will be considered with documentation of completion
U.S. National Fire Academy (NFA)
- This course curriculum is developed and maintained by the National Fire Academy and is delivered in compliance with the standards of the National Fire Academy off-campus program(opens in new window)(opens in new window). Courses are registered and approved through the Missouri Division of Fire Safety as the NFA State Training Partner. Upon successful completion of this course participants will receive a National Fire Academy certificate of completion.
Kennett Fire Department
To Register Contact:
John Johnson - 573-276-7460 -[email protected]
Missouri Division of Fire Safety
- 1/22/2021 (6:00pm-10:00pm)
- 1/23/2021 (8:00am-5:00pm)
“Funding provided by the Division of Fire Safety (DFS) and the Missouri Fire Safety Education / Advisory Commission. State Funding sources include the DFS General Revenue (GR) Fire Training Fund and Fire Education Fund.”