Professional Investigator - Online
Founded in 1990, the National Animal Cruelty Investigations School was the first of its kind, offering a combination of specialized veterinary and law enforcement training. Students from a range of backgrounds — including federal, state and local animal cruelty officers, humane society investigators and board members, police officers and sheriffs’ deputies, court personnel and other citizens — learn from experts about all aspects of animal welfare and safety.
The program has three different components (Professional-Advanced-Expert) that should be taken in order.
Registration preference will go to investigators with active investigations. Due to the nature of the business, topics discussed and videos shown during the schools will have graphic content and may not be suitable for everyone.
Continuing Education - Participants with a grade of 70% or more on the written examination will receive a certificate of completion and 40 continuing education units.
COST: $540.00 per person
Check payment can be made with the printable registration form.
- Group Discount: Register three students at full price from one agency and all additional registrations receive 50% off full registration fee. Registrations must all be submitted together, and all registrants must attend to qualify.
- Agency Discount: Any agency that mandates the National Animal Cruelty Investigations Training in their policies and procedures will receive a 20% discount. Contact [email protected] / 573-882-6021 f or approval and discount code.
- PetSmart Discount: A current employee with PetSmart can receive a discount on event registration. Contact [email protected] / 573-882-6021 f or approval and discount code.
Professional Animal Cruelty Investigator curriculum includes:
- Animal Law
- Report Writing
- Constitutional Law
- Courtroom Preparation
- Veterinarians and animal cruelty
- Basic Nutrition
- Basic Anatomy
- Biosecurity and Zoonosis
- Animal Handling and Behavior
- Interviewing and Investigation
- The professional investigator
- Breed Identification
- Basic Photography
- Officer Safety & Survival
National Animal Cruelty Investigations School
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Nov. 28, 2022
Event time: 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Event date: Nov. 28, 2022
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Bowling Green, MO
Event date: Nov. 29, 2022
Event time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
News & articles
Publication date: Nov. 1, 2022