Planning For Effective Public Participation
The International Association for Public Participation developed this program to meet the needs of practitioners conducting public involvement and community engagement in a changing world. Both new and experienced practitioners and managers benefit from the structure, proven techniques, and knowledge that you’ll learn in this interactive training course. The Planning Course introduces foundational information that has stood the test of time and the Techniques Course introduces 39 different techniques for accomplishing desired objectives. Upon completion of both modules, you will receive a certificate of completion from IAP2.
At the end of this course participants will:
- Define public participation and explain the rationale behind it
- Explain the three foundations of effective public participation
- List the five steps in the planning process
- Discuss how to plan p2 objectives that can be integrated into an agency’s decision-making process
- Explain how communication objectives support effective public participation
- Choose from various p2 techniques to support accomplishment of p2 objectives.
- Evaluate their use of varying public participation techniques
Registration Fee: Varies
For more information and to register, click here: https://iap2usa.org/event-4826100
Sessions: (12:00 pm - 4:00 pm)
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 8, 2022 - Aug. 12, 2022
Event date: Aug. 8, 2022
Event time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
News & articles
Online courseMissouri Master Gardener Online Core Training - Fall 2022
Aug. 13, 2022 - Dec. 31, 2022
CEUHazardous Materials and Weapons of Mass Destruction Incident Response Awareness
July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023