MU Serves Platte County 4-H
Wanting to expand new life skills at home? Want to gain new life skills? University of Missouri- Columbia, College of Education students offer 5 youth virtual project groups this fall. Some starting as early as Oct. 9th through mid November. The project groups are the following....
- Clover Kids - Ages 5-7 Friday nights at 6:30pm: Students them to explore their interests, strengthen communication skills, build self-confidence, and learn what 4-H has to offer through many variety of interest areas.
- Public Speaking Club - Ages 14-18 Wednesdays and Thursdays from 5pm – 6pm beginning October 21st. Public speaking is an important skill in many circumstances, whether it be work, school, or other social situations.
- Paper Craft Club - Kindergarten-4th grade Monday & Tuesday 5-6pm: In the Paper Arts Club, youth will learn how to make simple and fun paper crafts while also teaching about the safety of working with supplies and learning about the foods, animals, and etc. The same weekly lesson will be reviewed each night that is offered
- Theatre Arts - 5th-8th grade Tuesday & Thursday 5-6pm: This program will explore the exciting world of imagination, body language and voice, theatre dynamics, character development, acting styles, and much more. Students will have the opportunity to create, develop teamwork, and become confident in their acting abilities. By the end of this program, the student should feel comfortable speaking in front of others and being creative in front of an audience.
- Communicative and Expressive Art Club - Ages 5-8 Mondays 5:30-6:30pm: Students will learn how to express themselves through the arts, such as literature, the visual arts, and music. By the end of this program, students will have gained a greater understanding of communication, developed essential interpersonal skills, learned ways to appreciate the arts, and will understand the importance of empathy and compassion with one another.
Registrants will receive an introduction email, zoom link, supply list and other information at least one week prior to start date. Register for free at https://v2.4honline.com/. Registration will be open on Oct. 1 and remain open until full. Open to any youth.
Question? Contact Laura Evans, [email protected] or (816) 243-1357
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Nov. 30, 2020
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Bowling Green, MO
News & articles
CEU24th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference
Nov. 18, 2020 - Jan. 12, 2021
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness-2021
Nov. 1, 2020 - Dec. 1, 2020
Online courseNurses in the Trenches with First Responders
March 5, 2021 - May 9, 2021