Mental Health First Aid for Adults - Online
Adult Mental Health First Aid teaches how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental illness and substance use challenges in adults ages 18 and over.
The course will teach you how to apply the ALGEE action plan:
- Assess for risk of suicide or harm
- Listen nonjudgmentally
- Give reassurance and information
- Encourage appropriate professional help
- Encourage self-help and other support strategies
The course requires advanced registration. Participants must register 10 days in advance.
- Participants must complete 2-hours of self-paced training at least 3 days prior to the course date.
- The 6.5-hour portion of the course is a small group-interactive training. Participants will join via Zoom and should be prepared to be present and actively engaged for the whole course.
For ADA accommodations, contact: Tina Edholm at [email protected] or call (660) 882-5661 at least 72 hours prior to the start of class. A minimum of 5 participants are required for the class to be held; in the event of cancellation, you will be notified.
- Computer with microphone and speakers
- HD webcam
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Dec. 4, 2023 - Dec. 8, 2023
Event date: Dec. 4, 2023
Event time: 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
News & articles
Published: Friday, Dec. 1, 2023
CEUPrinciples of Emergency Services, Safety and Survival (CO24104)
Oct. 1, 2023 - Jan. 6, 2024