Master Gardener Training - Jackson, MO
The Master Gardener program provides in-depth horticultural training to individuals throughout Missouri who then volunteer their time applying what they have learned to help others in their communities to learn about gardening and environmental education. To become trained as a Master Gardener, an individual must complete a 30 hour core training course. Then the Master Gardener trainee is required to give 30 hours of volunteer service back to the community in approved MU Extension activities.
Meets every Monday, September 13, 2021 to November 29, 2021 from 6:00 to 9:00 p.m. until noon at the Cape Girardeau County Extension Center in the lower level of the building at 684 Jackson Trail, Jackson, MO
Cost: $200; includes core course binder and handouts
* To understand the mission of the Missouri Master Gardener Program and how it functions.
* To acquire a working knowledge of the fundamental principles of plant growth and development.
* To apply concepts of plant growth and development to everyday situations and uses in horticulture.
* To learn basic terminology associated with the art and science of horticulture.
* To gain an appreciation of horticulture as a life-long pursuit.
This will be an 12-week course that will cover the following: Plant Growth and Development, Soils and fertility, Composting, Insect and Disease Control, Lawn care and Weeds, Vegetable Gardening, Landscaping Basics, Home Fruit Production, Flower Gardening and Woody Ornamentals.
For more information, contact Donna Aufdenberg at 573-243-3581 or email [email protected]
Sessions (6pm to 9pm)
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: July 26, 2021 - Dec. 8, 2025
St. Joseph, MO
Event date: July 27, 2021
Event time: 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
News & articles
Published: Friday, July 23, 2021
Published: Thursday, July 22, 2021
Online courseMaster Gardener Core Training Course and Manual Bundle
Aug. 23, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2021