FilmFest 4-H 2021
FilmFest 4-H provides a venue for 4-H members across the nation to express their creativity, showcase their filmmaking skills, and nurture that spark inside that drives them to make the imaginary real.
- Filmmakers must be 11-18 years of age as of January 1, 2021.
- All film entries must be created and produced by the filmmaker(s).
- Auto-generated movies (in which software makes editing choices for you) are not acceptable.
- Works may be original or adapted from a previous published source.
- All footage must be original, except for documentaries which may include non-original footage from other sources.
FilmFest 4-H reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any work, reject any submission, and make executive decisions on individual situations not foreseen by these guidelines.
- Animation – A film created by techniques which stimulate movement from individual images.
- Documentary – A film which presents factual information about a person, event, or process.
- Narrative – A film which tells a story. Can be based on fact or fiction.
- One Minute Movie – 60 seconds, start to finish! Content can fit any of the other categories.
- Promotional – a short film, PSA or service announcement meant to publicize 4-H programs or some other cause that you are passionate about.
- Voices of 4-H History – A historical perspective on 4-H. May be a narrative, documentary, animation, etc.
Film Submission Fees:
· One Minute Movie – $10.00
· All Other Categories – $15.00 per submission
· One Minute Movie – 60 seconds, from beginning to end.
· All Other Categories – 10 minutes maximum
o If time limit is exceeded, only the first 10 minutes will be shown.
Preparing Your Film for Submission
· Upload your film, in High Definition, to a hosting site such as YouTube or Vimeo. Be sure to list the title, running time and director’s name in the description.
Submitting the entry form implies acceptance of the Rules and Regulations by all producers, directors and/or their agents submitting material. If your work is accepted for screening at FilmFest 4-H 2020, you agree to and understand the following:
· Responsibilities – The filmmaker(s) must have secured ALL rights licenses, clearances and releases needed for exhibition. This includes formal written permission for the use of ALL copyright music.
· Format – You grant permission for the festival to download an exhibition copy of the film from the URL provided.
· Publicity – Upon request, please make any photos or information regarding the film or the filmmakers. Please be available for interviews prior to and during the festival.
New for 2021! Screenplay Competition
Participants are encouraged to enter the 1st official screenplay competition. Each participant may enter one screenplay. The submission fee for the screenplay competition is $10.
· Write a screenplay that is 3-10 pages and contains 2-5 characters, who are in a place of some kind and doing things of some sort.
· In true film industry fashion, the screenplay must be in the format below. For additional help with this format, check out this video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZszextv6yE
· Screenplays should be submitted as either a pdf or word document.
The University of Missouri is an equal opportunity/ADA institution. If you need special accommodations for this event because of a disability, or if you need materials in an alternate format, please contact Samantha Brandeberry at (573) 882-7648 or by email at [email protected]
Registration to attend the virtual conference August 7-8, 2021 will be open from June 14th – July 11th. Filmmakers are not required to attend the conference, but it is highly encouraged. More information about registration will be posted and linked through https://extension.missouri.edu/programs/missouri-4-h/4-h-projects-opportunities/4-h-opportunities/4-h-filmfest.
Film Submission Information
Film Submissions will be collected June 14th – July 11th, 2021. No late submissions will be collected. To submit a film, please fill out this form: https://missouri.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4PmzSKsq56TX1w9
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Aug. 3, 2021 - Sept. 14, 2021
Event date: Aug. 3, 2021
Event time: 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Event date: Aug. 3, 2021 - Aug. 24, 2021
News & articles
Online courseMaster Gardener Core Training Course and Manual Bundle
Aug. 23, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2021