Extension Master Gardener Training - (Carroll, Cass, Chariton, Cooper, Johnson, Lafayette, Pettis, Ray Counties)
Want to learn more about gardening? Do you have a passion for sharing gardening information and making your community a more beautiful place? Join us for the Extension Master Gardener (EMG) Training in the KC area. This program’s train-the-trainer mission is sharing research-based horticulture information with the public through educational outreach.
EMG training will help you:
- Gain new horticulture knowledge and become a community resource for science-based information
- Educate adults and children about the gardening benefits
- Meet fellow gardeners
Dates: Thursdays, Aug 17 - Dec 7, 2023 9:30 am to 12:30 pm via Zoom.
Cost: $200, includes EMG Core Manual.
- Access to a computer, internet, and email address
- A desire to learn, work completion, and readiness to volunteer on EMG projects
- Attendance at all sessions is essential. Only 3 absences are allowed and must be made up
- Class projects are required and will help you learn how to teach gardening to others
- Following graduation, complete 30 hrs in established EMG projects. This course is for those who will volunteer with the EMG chapter. If you do not want to volunteer, consider:
- Extension Garden Steward program: learn gardening basics, no volunteer requirements
- MU EMG online training
- Min. age = 16 yrs
- A desire to volunteer
- Horticulture knowledge and skills are not required
Learn more about the EMG Program:
- General info: https://extension.missouri.edu/programs/master-gardener
Questions?: [email protected]
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Nov. 30, 2023 - Dec. 1, 2023
Event date: Nov. 30, 2023
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
News & articles
CEUPrinciples of Emergency Services, Safety and Survival (CO24104)
Oct. 1, 2023 - Jan. 6, 2024