Extension Master Gardener Fall 2020 (via Zoom)
We are happy that you are interested in becoming an Extension Master Gardener (EMG) volunteer with the University of Missouri Extension. The mission of the EMG volunteer Program is educational outreach and sharing research-based horticulture information with the public.
EMG training will help you:
· Become a resource for reliable, science-based horticulture information for your community
· Educate adults and children about the many benefits of gardening
· Gain new horticulture knowledge
· Meet fellow gardeners in your community
COVID 19 changed our lives this year. Due to continuing uncertainties and health concerns, this year’s EMG Training has an online format that will be facilitated by local MU Extension Horticulture faculty, faculty from other counties, and other local experts.
This session of EMG training is designed for those living in the KCMO metro area, usually in Clay, Jackson, and Platte Counties, although others are welcome to participate. All approved volunteer activities take place on the Missouri side of the metropolitan region.
A volunteer application for EMG training is included in the next steps of the registration process, due by July 24, 2020. You will be notified by email whether or not you have been accepted into the EMG training course by the end of July.
You will need access to a computer, internet, and your own email address to successfully participate in this online EMG training course.
We recommend that you explore the following MU Extension webpage to learn more about the EMG Program - https://extension2.missouri.edu/programs/master-gardener. We also recommend visiting the EMG volunteer website at www.mggkc.org before filling out the application to learn more about the MU EMG volunteer program in our area. All applicants must be a minimum of 16 years old. Horticulture knowledge and skills are not required to become an EMG.
· The $200 fee will cover EMG state registration, MU Extension Master Gardener Core Manual and other supplies. A limited number of scholarships are available. 40 hours of volunteering on approved and established projects are required.
· If you are interested in personal enrichment and education, with no volunteer requirement, the training costs $400. Most people take the course and volunteer. This application is for the volunteer option. Please contact us if you have questions about the personal enrichment option.
· Deadline for registration and application is July 24, 2020.
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Oct. 20, 2020 - Oct. 22, 2020
Mt. Vernon, MO
News & articles
CEU24th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference
Nov. 13, 2020 - Nov. 14, 2020
CEU5th Annual Perinatal Conference: Improving Outcomes for Mother and Baby
Oct. 22, 2020