Establishing Consistency in Beef Heifer Development Programs
This program will be delivered as a webinar series with one hour of continuing education offered per week for eight consecutive weeks. The topics will provide veterinary practitioners with an introduction to the principles of heifer development and genetic selection. By the end of the series the participant will be able to:
- Describe how to identify high potential return on investment females.
- Discuss the factors necessary to ensure heifers grow at a rate to achieve puberty before breeding.
- Explain the benefits of expected progeny difference (EPD) in the beef herd.
- Identify elements of a successful low-cost heifer development system.
- Summarize how data points collected at pre-breeding exams and ultrasound pregnancy checks can allow for additional revenue streams for veterinarians and increase profitability for producers.
- Discuss strategies for incorporating genomic testing into the beef herd.
- Discuss the incorporation of beef heifer reproductive management programs in veterinary practice
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: June 24, 2021
Event time: 11:00 am - 12:00 pm
Sunrise Beach, MO
Event date: June 24, 2021 - July 29, 2021
News & articles
Online courseHazardous Materials/Weapons of Mass Destruction Incident Response Awareness 060121
June 1, 2021 - July 14, 2021
CEUEnhanced Leadership Development Academy for RNs and NHAs in Long-term Care
Nov. 1, 2020 - Oct. 31, 2021
Online courseMaster Gardener Core Training Course and Manual Bundle
Aug. 23, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2021