Essentials of Firefighting: Ventilation - CP21135
Face to Face
Hours: 12 | Prerequisites: None | Host requirements: None
This course is designed to teach the student to identify reasons and needs for various types of ventilation within a structure, distinguish which types of ventilation are most effective to varying situations, and perform duties related to ventilating a structure following the policies and procedures set forth by the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ). This can be used to provide refresher training, address specific needs, or combined with other modules and courses over time to deliver a comprehensive overall Firefighter I & II training program.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
- Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.
Big River Fire Protection Inc.
To Register Contact:
David Pratte - 573-701-3467 - [email protected]
Missouri Division of Fire Safety
- 1/15/2021 (6:00pm-10:00pm)
- 1/16/2021 (8:00am-5:00pm)
Funding provided by the Division of Fire Safety (DFS) and the Missouri Fire Safety Education / Advisory Commission. State Funding sources include the DFS General Revenue (GR) Fire Training Fund and Fire Education Fund.