Chisholm's Chair Fellowship Pilot
WEPOWER is launching our pilot cohort for Chisholm's Chair (CC), an initiative for Black and Latinx women interested in seeking appointed and elected office in the St. Louis region. Chisholm's Chair will support a cohort of 15 CC fellows over a seven-month period. Throughout the seven months, CC fellows will access weekend trainings, a team of mentors, coaches, connections to vendors and consultants, community building experiences, and support from a dynamic and experienced executive coach. By the end of the seven months, CC fellows will: (1) Have deepened relationships within their community; (2) Understand how to navigate the local political landscape; (3) Have a completed campaign plan and policy platform; and (4) Be ready to seek elected and appointed office if they so choose.
- 7 months (June 2020 to December 2020)
- Virtual and in-person convenings will take place every third weekend of the month. We’re asking participants to be available Friday evening to Sunday afternoon on those third weekends.
- Pre-work and extension assignments that will require you to work in groups and engage in learning experiences beyond the monthly convenings.
Location: Online or in-person (TBD)
For questions, contact: Allison Gibbs at [email protected]
Who Should Apply? Identity + Qualifications:
- You self-identify as Black/African-American and/or Hispanic/Latinx.
- You self-identify as a woman (trans women are welcome!).
- You will be at least 21 years of age or older by the start of the cohort (June 19, 2020).
- You are a registered voter in the City of St. Louis or St. Louis County.
- You are a resident of the City of St. Louis or St. Louis County.
Event information and registation: https://wepower.breezy.hr/p/fc1d3d212ba9
Fee info: Free
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Nov. 30, 2020
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Bowling Green, MO
News & articles
CEU24th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference
Nov. 18, 2020 - Jan. 12, 2021
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness-2021
Nov. 1, 2020 - Dec. 1, 2020
Online courseNurses in the Trenches with First Responders
March 5, 2021 - May 9, 2021