Aircraft Part 139 Refresher Training Fires
This Aircraft Rescue and Fire Fighting course meets or exceeds FAA requirements for live-fire drill as listed in FAR 139.319(j)(3). The Mobile Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighter Trainer with the 1,300-square-foot fuel spill simulator can be used at Index A and B airports annually. For Index C, D and E airports, “there is no requirement for a minimum acceptable burn area for the mobile trainer for these airports. However, it is recommended that, if the MAFT fuel spill simulation is to be included, the minimum square footage be no less than 2,600 square foot.” AC150/5220-17A CHG1. With the FAA Central Region Mobile Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighter Trainer there is an additional 1,300-square-foot fuel spill grid to fulfill this requirement. This allows Index C, D and E to utilize the mobile trainer to meet the live-fire drill requirement every other year. Instruction will include classroom discussion covering aircraft firefighting techniques, emergency plans and safety procedures. The hands-on portion will include firefighting operations on the Mobile Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighter Trainer with a scenario to complete the day.
- Personal protective equipment (PPE): The following gear is required to participate: helmet, bunker coat, bunker pants with boots, and gloves that met the NFPA standard 1971 at the time of purchase.
- Self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA): Participants attending should bring their own pressure-demand type self-contained breathing apparatus and one spare cylinder. All air cylinders must be within hydrostatic date or will not be refilled and should be marked with departmental identification. Breathing apparatus must meet NFPA standard 1981. In addition participants must provide a Nomex or PBI protective hood. Individuals with beards, sideburns or other hair styles that interfere with the proper seal of a breathing apparatus face piece will not be allowed to participate in classes requiring SCBA use.
Note: Protective hoods over beards are not approved.
- Part 139 Initial Aircraft Rescue Fire Fighting Training
- Site for mobile training prop (approx. 200 feet × 250 feet)
- Provide propane for live fires
- Structural pumpers/crash vehicles
- Two 1.5-inch hoselines
- Staff for IMS functions
- SCBA refill capability
- AFFF and dry chemical (optional)
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Nov. 30, 2020
Event time: 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
Bowling Green, MO
News & articles
CEU24th Annual Midwest Regional Nursing Educators Conference
Nov. 18, 2020 - Jan. 12, 2021
Online courseHazardous Materials/WMD Incident Response Awareness-2021
Nov. 1, 2020 - Dec. 1, 2020