2021 Pearls of Production: Women in Agriculture Conference
Pearls of Production: Women in Agriculture is a program designed to provide a leadership and hands-on training opportunity for women involved in livestock production in Missouri. The program is designed to reach women who are playing larger roles and making key decisions in livestock production on the farm.
Friday Session - Nov. 5, 2021 - 1pm
- Registration at Callaway County Extension Office
- Tour of Brinker's Family Owned and Operated Pig Farm (Farrow to Finish) Need to be 24 hours pig free
- Keynote Speaker
Saturday Session - Nov. 6, 2021 - 8am
- Practical protocols for disease prevention. Biosecurity plans help prevent and control diseases that in turn have health and financial benefits to your operation. In this interactive session, participants will create a practical biosecurity plan utilizing maps of their farm. These maps and plans can then be taken home and implemented to protect farms from potential biosecurity issues.
- Participants will work with a Pearls of Production team member to define their farm boundaries before the conference and a full-color map will be available for the session.
- Bovine Telehealth-What to do when you can’t get a veterinarian right away. Learn how to collect and package samples for diagnosis, take blood samples, take temperatures, and learn other symptoms to help you communicate with your vet.
- Veterinary Medicine Session-Participants will tour the food animal clinic to see the foot table, tub, and chute system, interact with hands on training for updated tagging requirements, and hear updates on valuable research that may help make better treatment decisions on farm.
Participants will rotate through all three breakout sessions.
Dress code is casual. Sessions will be indoors and outdoors. Bring/wear warm, comfortable work clothes and closed toed shoes.
Ladies who register by October 26th will be entered into a raffle to win a stethoscope! For more information on how to register, visit our website at https://extension.missouri.edu/programs/pearls-of-production or our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/womenandagriculture/
Fee includes dinner on Friday evening, lunch on Saturday, and refreshments.
Contact: Corinne Bromfield, [email protected], 573-882-8181
Howard County Soil & Water Conservation District
Register For Event
Use Tab key to loop through the section below. Press Enter or Space to enter content for each tab button. Press Esc key to exit and to go to the next section at any time.
Event date: Oct. 21, 2021
Event time: 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Event date: Oct. 21, 2021
Event time: 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
News & articles
Published: Wednesday, Oct. 20, 2021
Online courseHAI-Infection Prevention on the Frontlines: Back to the Basics—in the Midst of a Global Pandemic 2.0 (042021)
April 15, 2021 - Dec. 31, 2021