Credit conversion policy
University of Missouri Extension Non-credit to For-credit Conversion Policy
Does the program I’m enrolled in through MU Extension qualify for converting non-credit course to credit bearing course work? University of Missouri Extension, in partnership with the University of Missouri schools and colleges, offers noncredit, continuing-education opportunities through its courses, conferences and trainings.
Not all MU Extension programs qualify for non-credit to for-credit conversion. MU Extension’s certificate programs must specifically state on their enrollment page that the course work used to earn the certificate is part of the pathway non-credit to for-credit initiative. These specific certificate programs are assessed, non-credit bearing Alternative Digital Credentials (ADC).
To request conversion of non-credit University of Missouri Extension courses to academic credit, individuals:
- must be enrolled in an eligible MU Extension non-credit, certificate program;
- must have successfully completed their MU Extension non-credit certificate program within the past three years;
- must apply for and be admitted to MU and the academic program of interest;
- must provide the Provost’s Office with their non-credit program certificate and MU Extension transcript.
Current eligible non-credit Certificate programs include:
- Non-credit certificate in Supply Chain Management
- Non-credit certificate in Construction Management
- Non-credit certificate in Clinical Engineering
Please contact the MU Career Accelerator at [email protected] for more information.