MU Extension events calendar
Professional development events
- May 27 to 29, 2015
2015 IPG Symposium
- June 1 to 5, 2015
2015 Agricultural Lenders School
- June 1 to 29, 2015
Osher Summer 2015 Semester Registration
- June 3 to 7, 2015
FRTI Summer Fire School 2015
- June 4 to 5, 2015
Emerging Issues in Agricultural Lending Symposium
- June 10 to 12, 2015
Cambio de Colores 2015
- June 19 to 20, 2015
2015 Council to Campus
- July 7 to 8, 2015
2015 Missouri Dairy Grazing Conference
- July 12 to 23, 2015
Summers @ Mizzou
- Sept. 28 to Oct. 2, 2015
Community Development Academy-Courses 1 and 3 Fall 2015
Social Media Marketing for Small Business
Wednesday, May 22, 2013, 1:30 p.m. to 5 p.m.
500 East Walnut, Suite 103, Columbia MO map...
Optimizing Social-Media and Online Presence for Small Businesses is now more critical than ever!
By now, your business probably has a social media presence such as a Facebook page, Twitter account, etc. But is it integrated with your website? Do you optimize your online presence through location and keyword specific tactics via SEM (Search Engine Marketing) and SEO (Search Engine Optimization)? Are you efficiently converting your website traffic to leads to customers to evangelists? What are customers saying about your business on local business pages? How about web ads? Is your business’s online presence standing out from your competition's?
WorldWideWeb giants such as Facebook and Google are rolling out changes every day and it could be overwhelming to stay up-to-date on your marketing strategies.
Attend this seminar and gain a comprehensive perspective of what’s new and how you can use newer platforms and features to your advantage to gain an edge over your competition. There are many great free tools out there that you can put to use right away! You don’t have to be a techy person to attend this seminar.
You will walk away with:
• Understanding of how all online platforms need to work together to drive qualified traffic to your business;
• Knowledge to use Google Adwords, Google Adsense, Google Places, Facebook Ads and Yahoo Local;
• Tactics to appropriately engage with and retain your customers on key social media platforms;
• Strategies to gear your internet marketing campaigns to local customers more effectively;
• Techniques to leverage your customers for content creation, R&D, WOM and more;
• Tracking web analytics to gain online marketing intelligence; and
• Measuring leading metrics and ROI.
If your business is not up to speed when it comes to tech savvy networking and socializing then you might suffer from those businesses that tweet, poke and like their way to the top of the social ladder.
Register online or contact the Small Business & Technology Development Center at (573) 882-7096.