Follow these instructions if you have your annual report in a PDF file
(preferred) or an MS Word file. Do not post your report on the web as
an MS Publisher file. Most visitors will not have MS Publisher installed on
their computers, so will not be able to view a Publisher file.
Do not use spaces in your file name. Use underscores or hyphens to separate
1. Log into your county website by following the
you have logged in....
2. Click FILE --> Import on the FrontPage menu bar, then find and select
your annual report file. (It may be on your hard drive, on your office
server or on the share drive.)
3. Once you have highlighted the file, click "add" to add it to the import
list. Then click "OK" to import the file. You may have to wait a minute or
so, depending on the size of the file, while it uploads to the server.
4. Once it has been imported, you should see your file on the file list
in FrontPage. If you do not, the click File --> Refresh or F5 on your
keyboard to refresh the file list.
5. Open your index.shtml file and type this text below the main graphic
on the page:
2005 County Extension Council Report (PDF)
Select (highlight) this text with your mouse then click "Insert" --> "Hyperlink" from
the FrontPage menu. Be sure to highlight the (PDF) part, too.
Note: See the editorial
style guide section on linking to downloadable documents for detailed
instructions on linking to PDFs and other document types.
6. In the Hyperlink window, choose the file that you just imported. You
should be seeing a list of files that are out on the web server, not on your
local hard drive.
Once you have selected the file name (clicked on it), click OK to finish
making the link.
7. Save your page. You are done.
You can download a full FrontPage 2003 tutorial in MS Word format:
FrontPage 2003 tutorial