Add calendar events for Web display
Events in the MU Extension website calendar are pulled from WebApps, so the information displayed is only as accurate as what you enter in WebApps. If your calendar items are not displaying properly, follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that your events are selected for Web display in the calendar.
- Check that the appropriate categories are selected for each session. Your event will show on category pages based on your selections. Do not select unrelated categories as this will make it more difficult for our Web visitors to find events by category.
- Check that all appropriate counties are selected.
- Make sure the city where the event will be held is NOT in the Event Name field. It will display from the City field and will be repeated if it is also in the Event Name field.
- Edit your entry for spelling, capitalization and grammar.
- For event titles, capitalize all words except articles and prepositions (unless prepositions are four letters or more – e.g., from, about).
- Avoid abbreviations and acronyms. Spell out program names.
- Spell out all words such as through and with.
- Don’t use ampersands “&” in place of “and.”
In most cases, the next 10 events are displayed. To see events further out, select a county and/or category, then click “More events” at the bottom of the “MU Extension near you” column. You can also check your events on the Calendar page using the Calendar options on the left side of the page.