For faculty and staff
MU Extension website support
Policies and guidelines
- Web publishing policies
- Acceptable use policy
- Linking to external websites
- Affiliate website requirements
- Editorial style and usage guide
- County Web page guidelines
County council election ballot system
Documentation for using the system is linked on the main screen of the system.
Content you provide
- Options for posting candidate bios
- Example district descriptions and boundaries
- Example ballot narratives
County and regional office sites
Training must be completed before you will be given authoring access to the county website.
We have been conducting training for using the new website authoring tool since May 2010. There are currently no training sessions scheduled, but we expect to do more in early 2012. When scheduled, you will be able to register for training through the ISE system in WebApps.
You are welcome to watch and learn from the recordings and accompanying documentation. If you watch them completely, we will be glad to give you ISE credit as if you had attended an Adobe Connect session. Please e-mail Kate Akers and Karissa Scott after watching the recordings and we will log your credit and set up your authoring access.
- Session 1: Goals, strategies and guidelines
Reference: County Web page guidelines
Reference: Editorial style and usage guide
Handout: Planning your new county Web pages (PDF)
- Session 2: Using WebTool for county website
Video recording of Adobe Connect session: Part 1 (1 hr. 22 mins.) and Part 2 (56 mins.)
Handout: WebTool content management system for website authoring (PDF) (updated 11/14/11)
- Instructions for
posting annual reports and plans of work to the county website
Video: How to post your annual report to the county website (WMV)e (4 minutes)
- April 13, 2011 Version 2 changes to the website authoring tool
- Detailed instructions for sharing pages
- County Web page transition progress
- Overview of changes for county sites
- Prepare your county site for transition
- Introduction to the WebTool
Toolbar functions in WebTool editor
Working with images
Computers provided by ETCS come with Paint.NET and GIMP image editing software pre-installed. Paint.NET is the easier tool to use.
Using photos on MU
Extension Web pages (DOC)
Includes instructions for cropping and resizing images using Paint.NET.
Using Paint.NET software
Tutorials published by users (Forum format, go to Beginner Tutorials to get started)
Using GIMP software
Gimp Tips Part 1: Resizing Images
Until your county or regional site is switched to using the new WebTool authoring system, you will find these references helpful.
Using MS FrontPage
- How to log in to your website through FrontPage
- FrontPage overview and reference for extension Web editors (DOC)
- How to insert images into Web pages
- Pasting content from other types of documents
Updating your site
- Adding local resources to statewide category pages
- Check your calendar events for Web display
- Instructions for editing your directory information (PDF)
- Important information about working with county/regional pages and templates
- How to post your county annual report (or any other PDF or DOC file)
Broken links and outdated information give an unprofessional impression of MU Extension.