2015 Home Garden Tour
Master Gardeners of the Ozark will be presenting their "2015 Home Garden Tour" on Saturday, May 23, 2015 from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Taney County this year. The 2015 garden tour will consist of visiting eight gardens this year, seven of which are on a driving tour. Registration fee is $25 with lunch provided. For more information see attached program flyer and registration information.
Gardens on the driving part of the tour are:
- Master Gardeners of the Ozarks Demonstration Garden at the Taney County MU Extension Center in Forsyth
- Forsythia Place Park, Forsyth
- Tom and Kathy Riley's Garden, Forsyth
- Sid and Cardwell's Garden, Rockaway Beach
- McKenna Family Farm, Branson
- Still Waters International Ministries, Walnut Shade
- Erick and Tracy Walker's Garden, Walnut Shade
- End at BonnieBrook, Walnut Shade
Enjoy and event-filled afternoon at BonnieBrook. Lunch by T&K Catering will be served from 12:30 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. Tour BonnieBrook grounds, fine art museum, and homestead. The White River Valley Historical Society in conjunction with BonnieBrook Historical Society will present "Tales of Taney County Inhabitants and their love of the land, flora, and fauna". There will also be a musical performance by Larkin Sanders.
They will also have vendors selling plants and garden related items. You can sign up for Papercrete classes with Lee Coates for an additional charge of $15 (these classes will be limited to the first 100 people that sign up. On-line registration is available at http://mgozarks.com or by sending in attached registration form.
2015 Master Gardeners of the Ozarks Demonstration Garden Programs
This year the Master Gardeners of the Ozarks will be presenting a series of Saturday classes in the demonstration garden as well as their "Brown Bag Lunch" garden series which take place on the first Tuesday of each month at noon. All classes are held in the gardens of the Taney County MU Extension center at 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth, and are free and open to the public. Check out the attached flyer for class descriptions.
- Bluebirds - March 28, 2015 - 1:00 p.m.
- Rain Barrels - April 25, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
- Pollinators - August, 22, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
- Monarch Watch - October 3, 2015 - 10:00 a.m.
Brown Bag Lunch Garden Series - First Tuesday of each month at noon.
- Growing Sweet Potatoes - Tues. April 7, 2015
- Tomatoes for the Gardener - Tues., May 5, 2015
- Keyhole Gardens - Tues., June 2, 2015
- Drip Irrigation - Tues., July 7, 2015
- Harvest Time - Tues., Aug. 4, 2015
- Growing Micro Greens - Tues., Sept. 1, 2015
The Master Gardeners will also hold "An Evening in the Garden" on Thursday, June 25, 2015 from 5:00 - 8:00 p.m. Join the Master Gardeners as they host an evening stroll in the gardens, sample herbal drinks and appetizers, and hear about the local history of our area. All classes are free and open to the public.
Do you need an answer?
The faculty and staff of the Taney county extension center are available to assist you with research-based information on a variety of topics. If you can't find what you are looking for on our website, give us a call at 417-546-4431 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.