Beef Management Workshop
Branson Bank will be sponsoring a "Beef Management Workshop" in Taney County on Tuesday, October 14, 2014. The program and dinner will be held in the Forsyth High school cafeteria at 6:00 p.m. Topics and presenters:
"Winter Fedding of the Beef Herd", presented by Dr. Justin Sexten, State Beef Nutrition Specialist, Assistant professor of Animal Science.
- How to supplement poor quality hay
- How to prevent excessive waste
- Using stockpiled fescue as a supplement
"Beef Market Outlook", presented by Dr. Ron Plain, State Ag Business Specialist, Professor of Ag Economics.
- Opportunities to pay down debt
- Retention of heifers
Please RSVP by Tuesday, October 7th by calling Halley Fleming with Branson Bank at 417-334-9696 or emailing email@example.com
Daycare Provider Training
Do you need credit hours for 2014? MU Extension will be offering a 4-part series to help daycare providers and foster parents receive approved training hours this fall. Mental Health First Aid is a 12-hour course that will teach providers how to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis. The training helps you identify, understand, and respond to signs of mental illnesses and substance use disorders. Classes will be held at White River Valley Electric Cooperative, 2449 East State Highway 76 in Branson in the community room from 6:00-9:00 p.m. Registration is $15 per session and pre-registration is required. See attached program brochure for more information and registration form.
- Session 1: Recognize the Warning Signs - Thursday, September 18, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
- Session 2: Five Step Action Plan - Thursday, October 16, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
- Session 3: Learn the Symptoms - Thursday, November 20, 2014, 6-9 p. m.
- Session 4: Suicide Warning Signs & Mental Health Resources - Thursday, December 11, 2014, 6-9 p.m.
For more information or to register, please call the Taney County MU Extension Centers at 417-546-4431.
Master Gardener Classes Now Forming
Registrations for the 2014 Master Gardener training program are now being accepted. Master Gardener candidates receive 30 hours of basic horticulture training on a wide variety of topics taught by University of Missouri Extension specialists and other qualified professionals. This consists of ten, three-hour sessions twice a week. Classes will be held on Mondays and Thursdays with some exceptions October 16 to November 24, 2014. There will be two options for classes
- Afternoons at OTC, Hollister campus - 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. OR
- Evenings at OTC, Ozark campus - 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Orientation will be held on September 29, 2014 at 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. in Hollister and 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. in Ozark. Attendance of orientation is strongly recommended to understand the Master Gardener commitment and program.
For more information about the Master Gardener classes and registration information and course schedule information click highlighted links or contact Tim Schnakenberg, Agronomy Specialist at 417-357-6812 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
"Brown Bag" Lunch Gardening Series
The Master Gardeners of the Ozarks are presenting a series of gardening programs this summer. Programs will be held in the backyard of the Taney County MU Extension Center in Forsyth in the Master Gardener’s Native Plant Garden. Most of the programs will be held on the first Tuesday of the month April through September and will begin at noon. They will be adding two Saturday sessions this year in March and October. The Saturday classes will begin at 10 a.m. These programs are free and open to the public. Program flyer
- Saturday, March 29, 2014 - 10 a.m. - Blue Barrel Gardening
- Tuesday, April 1, 2014 - Noon - Rain Gardens and Native Plants
- Tuesday, May 6, 2014 - Noon - Container Gardens
- Tuesday, June 3, 2014 - Noon - Ideas for Herbs
- Tuesday, July 1, 2014 - Noon - Lasagna Gardening
- Tuesday, Aug. 5, 2014 - Noon - Butterfly Gardening
- Tuesday, Sept. 9, 2014 - Noon - Raised Bed/Winter Gardening
- Saturday, Oct. 4, 2014 - 10 a.m. - Pass Along Plants
Classes are held in the backyard of the Taney County MU Extension center at 122 Felkins Avenue in Forsyth, just down from the Taney County judicial center. For further information call the Taney County MU Extension center at 417-546-4431.