Taking Care of You is a multi-session program offering practical strategies and experiences to help you deal with the stress in your life. Managing life’s challenges in a healthy way allows you to take better care of yourself and your overall health. Each week you will explore topics through small group discussion, self-reflection and activities.
Activities of the program are aimed at increasing mindfulness, positive emotions, optimism, resiliency to stress, coping skills, and self care of one’s mind, body and spirit.
Here is a summary of what the program involves and what it can offer:
- Research-based stress management program for adults, offered by University of Missouri Extension
- Unique approach to stress management and adopting healthier behaviors
- Based on positive psychology, with an emphasis on mindfulness
- Involves 8 interactive sessions
- Teaches practical skills
A rigorous program evaluation showed decreased stress levels and improved lifestyle behaviors. As a result of the program, participants:
- cultivate positive emotions and resiliency to stress
- discover opportunities in life’s challenges
- develop improved responses to stress — thoughts, emotions and behaviors
- take better care of one’s health — body, mind and spirit
Watch this video to learn more about the benefits of the program!