Areas of Focus
- Community and regional food systems
- Leadership development
- Emergency preparedness
- Organizational development and nonprofit management
- Civic engagement
- Local government assistance
- Community health issues
- Facilitation and communications
Frequently asked questions
How do I start business in Missouri?
- The Missouri Small Business and Technology Development Centers and Extension business development specialists provide training and consultation to new and existing businesses. A good place to start is on this web page: Starting a business in Missouri: Top resources
How do I start a nonprofit and get 501(c)3 status?
What are grants? How do I know if I can get one? Where do I find grant makers?
- Grants can be great, but they aren't "free." Think of them as a contract between you and someone who has a strong interest in a particular issue. This fact sheet dispells some of the myths about getting grants. The Truth About Grants (PDF).
- Grants.gov—search for grants from federal agencies
- GrantSpace—information and resources for grant-seekers
Ste. Genevieve County Information