Described below are critical roles for volunteers.
County extension councils and other volunteer groups
- Inventory and assess current relationships with stakeholders.
- With the county program director, determine stakeholders not being reached and how to reach them. Develop annual plan for communication through personal visits, phone calls, email, invitations to participate in programs, recognition events and other means.
- Share communication plans with regional director.
State and Regional Extension Councils
- Brainstorm opportunities for stakeholder communication across regional lines.
- Develop events, tours and other means to involve stakeholders in learning or recognition events.