myVITA for MU Extension faculty
We are excited to provide myVITA, a web-based faculty activity reporting system that allows faculty members at all four campuses and extension to report on their research, teaching, service, scholarship and creative works.
To access myVITA, visit http://www.umsystem.edu/myvita.
- myVITA features work best in Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Safari browsers. Internet Explorer is not recommended because of issues with functionality and display. Please set your browser to accept pop-ups from the myVITA site to ensure an optimal experience.
- "Where do I enter...?" Quick reference guide
- myVITA Q and A page
The benefits that myVITA provides include the following:
- Designed to report individual faculty activities and accomplishments
- All tenure and non-tenure track (NTT) faculty
- Replaces Faculty Accomplishment System (FAS)
- Promotion and tenure documentation and NTT
- Information part of salary adjustments
- Easy to use and flexible
myVITA and myExtension are complementary in that myVITA focuses on individual faculty accomplishments while myExtension focuses on extension programs.
Implementation and training
myVITA is being implemented in several stages. The myVITA Profile went live December 1, 2015. myVITA Activities went live in January.
On January 21, 2016, ISE 305 myVITA Overview and Profile was presented. Almost 30 regional faculty participated in the trainings, which were recorded for those who were unable to attend. Below is a link to the 1:00 and 2:30 trainings.
**We wish to correct an oversight in our training. We discovered that there is an Education Specialist (Ed.S.) option in the Degrees input form.**
myVITA Activities training was held on February 11 via Adobe with ISE 278 registration. Almost 40 regional faculty participated in the training. Below are links to the 10:30 and 1:00 trainings.
Regional and program directors have set the minimum expectations for regional faculty to complete the Profile and Activities sections for the period April 1, 2015 through April 1, 2016, for current information and through April 1, 2017 for planned activities. The following information should be completed by April 10, 2016:
- Check pre-populated personal information, contact information and current university position information.
- Professional memberships
- Other activities related to teaching
- Scholarly contributions and creative activities
- Any local grants for which they are PI
- Service to profession
- University committees
- Honors and awards
- Professional development and continuing education
- Future goals and plans
Questions about myVITA
General questions about myVITA are available on the UM System myVITA FAQ page: https://www.umsystem.edu/ums/aa/faculty/myvita/myvita_trainingfaqs?
For more information and answers to common MU Extension questions about myVITA, visit the myVITA Q and A page.
Mark Stillwell, Ph.D.
Project Administrator — Operations
University of Missouri Extension
103 C Whitten Hall
Columbia, MO 65211