Fiscal / Accounting
August 23, 2016
Look here to see University reimbursable mileage for personal vehicles clarified.
June 28, 2016
Fiscal year end reminder: PeopleSoft will be down from Thursday, June 30th at 5pm until Tuesday, July 5th at 7am. This includes the T&E system, whether for travel entry or approval.
June 2, 2016
Year end is coming quickly! Important cutoff dates for FY16 fiscal year-end activities for campus units and regional offices can be found at the links below.
June 1, 2016
Shopper-only access updated instructions! eProcurement offers a Shopper-only role to employees who want to shop, but do not need to be an authorized purchaser. To apply for this role, you must fill out the Shopper-only role request form, which is found in Outlook.
Instructions for Outlook-based procurement access form & basic instructions for shoppers (updated 6/1/16)
April 29-May 1, 2016 - PeopleSoft Update
April 29-May 1, PS went thru a minor update. This affected various PeopleSoft modules including T&E, ePro/Show Me Shop and voucher suppliers. To learn more about the changes, please click on the PDF attachments below. The PS financial training materials have also been updated.
March 29, 2016 - MIS WebApps Updates
- New Web Report – AP Report 3: Unapproved Voucher Report
- The section entitled Travel and Expenses has been renamed to AP and T&E Monitoring. A third report has been added - Unapproved Voucher Report. This report provides a list of unapproved vouchers, currently in workflow, based on either an approver or a DeptID/DeptNode. Denied vouchers can be included in the results as well, however, they will not be able to see denied vouchers when searching by an Approver. (The reason for this is once a voucher is denied, it is no longer in an approver’s queue so it can’t find denied vouchers based on an approver). This report can be a valuable tool in tracking the movement of a voucher or monitoring an approval queue for an employee who may be on leave unexpectedly.
- Voucher Search Option – Addition of Workflow Status
- The Pending Action and Action History of workflow associated with a voucher will now be displayed when looking at a voucher through FIN Search Options or when drilling to the voucher from a financial report. This is the same functionality currently shown on the T&E documents.
March 18, 2016-Payment Reference Guide updated
The university's Payment Reference Guide has been updated and is available online at this time. The schedule and registration portal for campus-wide training events can be found HERE. For those that have attended the training and want to reference the PowerPoint slides, they are available HERE. As of June 28, an internal list version to supplement the payment reference guide is available. UPDATE: The recorded adobe training is now available. http://univmissouri.adobeconnect.com/p1n8te3s628/
Jan 1, 2016-Mileage rate & Missouri per diem meal rate changing
- Effective January 1, 2016, the University’s mileage reimbursement rate for business miles driven in 2016 will be 51 cents per mile. In addition, the University will reimburse moving expenses at 16 cents per mile.
- Effective January 1, 2016, the University’s per diem reimbursable meal rate for overnight travel within the State of Missouri will be $46 per day, which is the Standard CONUS rate published by the General Services Administration.
Quarterly Fiscal Meetings
For those employees that have a significant fiscal portion to their position, Extension Fiscal has meetings quarterly to share updated information and to aid in discussion of issues. If you would like to be added to the meeting invites or receive fiscal notices from Extension Fiscal, please contact Callie Glascock . Below are the minutes from the campus previous meetings. Note: Regional quarterly mtg recording links stored in the RD sharepoint folders.
- If you are interested in a Quickbooks training for your county office, please contact the QuickBooks Administrator Kevin Hansen.
Fee generation workshops
Fee generation workshops will be held via Adobe Connect to explain the additional functions and updates to the Fee Generation Worksheet (online tool). Register through the ISE section of WebApps for one of the following workshop dates:
- Sept. 21,2016 10-11 am
- Oct. 13, 2016 2-3 pm
- Nov. 16, 2016 10-11 am
- Dec. 15, 2016 2-3 pm
See the Fee generation page for more information.
Break for Lunch webinar fiscal trainings
Training will be conducted via Adobe Connect. Register through the ISE section of WebApps using course number 237. We are doing each training twice for each topic, so you only need to sign up for one of the sessions.
- No trainings scheduled at this time
Tips & Thoughts
- Got a question on the University Travel & Expense system? We have a webpage for that! Make sure to check out the tip sections on that page for additional helpful info.
- Got a big expense for travel that is not hotel lodging? Check with your fiscal contact because we may be able to pay for that directly!