We believe that all the citizens in Missouri have a right to equal services and employment with University of Missouri Extension. We comply with all federal and state laws, and it is our goal to have a mutually accepting workplace that is welcoming to all.
The purpose of this site is to help people by providing information about Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity and diversity in University of Missouri Extension.
Tools for practicing diversity
Inclusivity in the workplace
Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
Diversity toolbox — Tools for faculty and staff in presenting and discussing diversity issues
Diversity reports — Report summaries and statistics concerning diversity in MU Extension
Awards and best practices
Diversity initiatives and implementation
MU Chancellor's Diversity Initiative Office
Diversity strategic plan (PDF) — MU Extension and LU Cooperative Extension's organizational strategic plan for diversity
- MU Extension Diversity Training modules
All modules are in PDF presentation format. Please right-click and save the document to your computer. Then open in Adobe Reader, and the Adobe Presenter presentation will begin playing.
- Module 1: Overview features an overview of the strategic diversity plan, information on how the plan fulfills our land-grant mission, a discussion of core values and explanations of definitions within the plan.
- Module 2: Areas of Focus covers the areas of focus within the plan, including workforce diversity, climate, programs and services, audiences, professional development, recognition and awards, and compliance.
- Module 3: Your responsibility discusses your responsibilities and includes the Civil Rights File, our non-discrimination statement, program compliant certification, affirmative action plans, sexual harassment and other training opportunities.
- Module 4: Your rights covers your rights and includes information on filing an EEO complaint, options for resolving complaints and links to the forms you might need for formal or informal complaint filing.
Executive Order #42 - Evaluation of the Ability to Work from Chancellor's Office
CASD Change Agent States for Diversity National Project
Diversity Catalyst Team in Missouri — Lincoln University Cooperative Extension and University of Missouri Extension have re-established the Diversity Catalyst Team in efforts to create a multicultural organization. These exceptional individuals should embrace diversity and pluralism and have the willingness to carry out the Catalyst Team purpose.
Diversity Catalyst Team Members (PDF)
Diversity Catalyst Team Member Application (DOC)
Policies and procedures
Affirmative Employment Plan (PDF)
University of Missouri Extension Strategic Plan
University of Missouri Strategic Plan
Extensión en Español
University of Missouri religious holidays and accommodations
Resources — Links for other diversity Web pages and university sites, as well as upcoming diversity conferences
Diversity Orientation Packet (PDF)
University of Missouri Extension acknowledges the following sources that have been used in creating this website: U.S. Department of Justice, U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, State of Missouri Statutes and the Job Accommodation Network.