We believe that all the citizens in Missouri have a right to equal services and employment with University of Missouri Extension. We comply with all federal and state laws, and it is our goal to have a mutually accepting workplace that is welcoming to all.
The purpose of this site is to provide some tools and resources for ensuring equal opportunity for all.help people by providing information about Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity and diversity in University of Missouri Extension.
University policies and procedures
Collected rules and regulations
Tools for practicing diversity
Inclusive Reflections in the Workplace in Lieu of Prayer
MU Guides to Religions
Limited English Proficiency (LEP)
Diversity toolbox — Tools for faculty and staff in presenting and discussing diversity issues
Diversity reports — Report summaries and statistics concerning diversity in MU Extension
Vice Provost Diversity Award
Diversity initiatives and implementation
MU Chancellor's Diversity Initiative Office
Diversity strategic plan (PDF) — MU Extension and LU Cooperative Extension's organizational strategic plan for diversity
Executive Order #42 (PDF) - Evaluation of the Ability to Work from Chancellor's Office
CASD Change Agent States for Diversity National Project
- MU Extension Diversity Training modules
All modules are in PDF presentation format. Please right-click and save the document to your computer. Then open in Adobe Reader, and the Adobe Presenter presentation will begin playing.
- Module 1: Overview features an overview of the strategic diversity plan, information on how the plan fulfills our land-grant mission, a discussion of core values and explanations of definitions within the plan.
- Module 2: Areas of Focus covers the areas of focus within the plan, including workforce diversity, climate, programs and services, audiences, professional development, recognition and awards, and compliance.
- Module 3: Your responsibility discusses your responsibilities and includes the Civil Rights File, our non-discrimination statement, program compliant certification, affirmative action plans, sexual harassment and other training opportunities.
- Module 4: Your rights covers your rights and includes information on filing an EEO complaint, options for resolving complaints and links to the forms you might need for formal or informal.
2016 diversity and inclusion learning opportunities
Diversity & Inclusion Core Concepts Series
Diversity and inclusion are labels used to express complex, multi-faceted organizational strategies, goals, and values. The purpose of this series is to provide faculty and staff with a foundational understanding of some core concepts related to enhancing diversity and inclusion on our campus.
For information and registration visit: http://cdi.missouri.edu/programs-services/coreconceptsseries/index.php
Let’s Talk about Race
This series is meant for people who seek to develop a better understanding of the complex nature of race and the racial issues that plague our campus, our communities, and our country. The purpose of this series is to provide foundational knowledge related to the concept of race, the challenges of interracial dialogues, and systemic racism. With this foundational knowledge, participants will be better prepared to engage in meaningful dialogues about the issues that we collectively face and to forge pathways to building a stronger, more inclusive campus community and society.
For information and registration visit: http://cdi.missouri.edu/programs-services/talkingaboutrace/
Workplace Diversity Series Spring Calendar
Diversity 101 online course for faculty and staff
Diversity catalyst team
Diversity Catalyst Team in Missouri — Lincoln University Cooperative Extension and University of Missouri Extension have re-established the Diversity Catalyst Team in efforts to create a multicultural organization. These exceptional individuals should embrace diversity and pluralism and have the willingness to carry out the Catalyst Team purpose.
Diversity Catalyst Team Members (PDF)
Diversity Catalyst Team Member Application (DOC)