County Program Director Excellence Award
The County Program Director Excellence Award has been established to recognize distinguished performance and educational contributions to University of Missouri Extension and clientele by a CPD. The County Program Director is an integral part of the Extension organization and their local communities. This award has a $1000 monetary stipend as well as the associated recognition for outstanding work in this important position.
To recognize sustained distinguished performance and educational contributions to University of Missouri Extension and clientele by a county program director.
University of Missouri Extension faculty who have served as county program director for two years or longer.
Plaque and $1,000 monetary stipend will be presented at annual conference or its equivalent (Galaxy).
- Effectiveness with county extension council in setting county program priorities
- Creative, innovative, and original office management
- Strong, cohesive office among all faculty and staff within the county that exemplifies a strong team
- Outstanding leadership and management skills
- Effectiveness as a team player with other specialists and other CPDs
- Community connectedness, seen as a major player by others
- Acquiring additional resources (grants, collaborations, etc)
- Promoting positive working relationships between University of Missouri Extension and other agencies and clientele
- Service outside the county to extension committees, professional organizations, etc.
Nominations and selection
County extension councils, extension faculty and staff members may nominate an individual specialist. Letters of nomination from faculty and staff in Extension should state the nature and extent of the service that the individual has performed that qualifies this person for this award, and how the work of the CPD nominee has benefited the community, the state and its citizens.
Nominations are reviewed by the Fellowship and Awards Committee appointed by the Vice Provost for Extension. The committee — comprised of representatives of UMEA, Epsilon Sigma Phi, the UM campuses, and the Vice Provost's Office— makes recommendations to the Vice Provost, who makes the final selection.o:p>
Submit nominations to
MU Extension Awards Committee
109 F Whitten Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Nomination form (DOC)
Recipients of the County Program Director Excellence Award
2012 Rebecca Travnichek
2011 Cynthia Crawford
2010 Jay Chism