Nine proven steps in marketing educational programs
Marketing is an essential component of program delivery. Following these steps can help improve understanding of how University of Missouri Extension improves people's lives and increase local support.
- Analyze the needs of citizens in your county, keeping in mind your county’s plan of work, statewide issues and extension national initiatives.
- Set measurable objectives.
- Identify your target audiences.
- Analyze the competition.
- Position your program; find its unique niche.
- Determine your marketing strategy – what messages you will deliver to whom, when and how.
- Deliver the program.
- Evaluate program impact and results.
- Publicize your successes to groups involved, local decision makers, media and others.