Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Extension Business Award
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry Extension Business Award recognizes faculty and professional staff members whose educational programming supports the economic viability of Missouri businesses.
The Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry presents the extension business award at a regional or campus event.
University of Missouri campus and regional faculty and professional staff members with a 50 percent extension appointment are eligible. Members of the immediate administrative staff of the vice provost for extension, regional directors, campus extension administrators and members of the Fellowship and Awards Committee are not eligible.
Nominees are evaluated on:
- Recognition of their competence and leadership by Missouri businesses.
- Established identity in the area or state as providing quality information and educational programs to businesses.
- Demonstration of their interest and ability to assist businesses in finding solutions to their problems.
- Success in providing information on opportunities, plans, activities and progress to interested parties.
- Effectiveness as a leader in establishing relationships with firms, organizations, legislators and civic groups.
Nominations and selection
County extension councils, extension faculty and staff members, manufacturers or other agencies may nominate an individual specialist. Nomination materials should include the nomination form, a three- to five-page narrative that addresses the award criteria and a resume or a curriculum vitae with focus on how it relates to the award. Three letters of support are required. One must be from the nominee’s supervisor and the other letters can be from colleagues or clientele.
Nominations are reviewed by the Fellowship and Awards Committee appointed by the vice provost for extension. The committee — composed of representatives of UMEA, Epsilon Sigma Phi, the University of Missouri campuses, Lincoln University and the Office of the Vice Provost — makes recommendations to the vice provost and the president of the Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry, who makes the final selection.
Submit nominations to:
MU Extension Awards Committee
205 Whitten Hall
Columbia, MO 65211
Award will be presented at annual conference or its equivalent (Galaxy).
2015 Sandra Delina Marin Ruiz
2014 Kenneth Scheve
2013 Richard Dale Proffer
2012 Kathryn Evelyn Macomber
2011 Chris Vincent Thompson
2010 Christopher Lee Shoemaker