Scott County Women in Agriculture Scholarship
The Scott County Women in Agriculture is offering a non-renewable $750 scholarship. The application is open to any graduate (male or female) who meets the following criteria:
1. The student or student’s parents or grandparents must be involved or have been involved in farming or agribusiness in Scott County, Missouri. Farm land, animal operations, or agribusiness facilities have to be located in Scott County, Missouri. (Examples of agribusiness are working on a farm, at an orchard, at a machinery dealer, for a fertilizer plant, seed or chemical company, landscaping business, restaurant, etc.) Preference will be given to those who are also residents of Scott County.
2. Will be attending a college or university the fall semester following graduation. Any major is accepted. The student does not have to major in agriculture or agribusiness.
The completed application must be postmarked by April 1 and returned to:
Scott County Women in Agriculture Scholarship Committee
Scott County Soil and Water
6458 State Highway 77
Benton, MO 63736
Application can be downloaded and printed from the following links : Application (Word) Application (PDF)
The following information is required:
- Student application form
- High school counselor or principal form.
- Resume of high school and community activities, awards and honors, and work experience
- Short essay—How you, your parents, or grandparents are involved or have been involved in agriculture or agribusiness in Scott County, Missouri.
- Personal essay—State your goals, educational plans and why the scholarship should be awarded to you.
The application will not be considered if all five above items are not completed or included in the scholarship application. The student will be scored on each of these sections by judges who are not members of the Scott County Women in Agriculture. All information will be treated in a confidential and professional manner.
Please do not apply if you are receiving scholarships and grants to pay in full your first year of higher education.
Address any questions to Bernadette Stricker (683-4025), Jolene Felter (545-3772), members of the scholarship committee, or Kay Dover Wilson (545-3593).