MyActivity Pyramid for Kids
Department of Nutritional Sciences
MyActivity Pyramid Windows Media video, mms:\\etcs.ext.missouri.edu\Myactivity.wmv
Be physically active 60 minutes, up to several hours every day. Use these suggestions to help meet your goal.
As often as possible
- Play outside
- Help with chores
- Take the stairs
- Pick up toys
- Ride your bike
- Martial arts, like karate
- Ice or field hockey
Three times a week
- Rope climb
Muscle-strengthening exercises help your bones get stronger so you can run and play.
- Screen time (TV, computer, video games*)
- Sitting longer than 60 minutes
Instead of watching sports on TV, go outside and play a sport!
* Video games that require physical activity may count toward your 60 minutes
Find your balance between food and fun
- Move more. Aim for at least 60 minutes every day.
- Walk, dance, bike, rollerblade — it all counts. How great is that!