Leadership Phelps County
Leadership Phelps County is a program designed to ensure the continued improvement of the Phelps County area by developing a network of leaders throughout Phelps County that possess a broader understanding of the needs and issues of the county and to increase commitment to community service and leadership. The program is open to adult community members (21 and older) who are interested in realizing their leadership potential. Participants are both learners and teachers, and are expected to share their knowledge and expertise with the group.
2016-2017 Brochure (PDF) and Application (PDF)
- Personal growth and effectiveness
- Commitment to the community
- Envision a shared purpose and future
- Increase community knowledge
- Enhance and develop leadership skills
- Increase level of civic engagement
- An increasing source of quality leaders for Phelps County
- An improved communications network among civic, business, social and educational leaders
- Assistance to potential leaders in their development, accurately matching their skills and interests with the needs of Phelps County
- A leadership base with a broadened perspective, prepared to more effectively guide Phelps County into its future
Participants will meet ten times at various locations throughout the county. Attendance is a critical element to the process of LPC. Only one session may be missed to successfully complete the program; however, full attendance in the two-day overnight retreat is mandatory. If more than one session is missed, participants will need to make up the sessions the following year to graduate. Because of this time commitment, employer support is required.
Candidates are selected on the basis of written applications submitted to the selection committee. Criteria will include desire, motivation and interest in serving the residents of Phelps County through future leadership roles. The selection committee will seek a class representing a diversity of backgrounds, affiliations and goals. Class size will be limited to 15 participants.
Tuition for the program is $350. Payment can be made by credit/debt card, check, money order or cash. Make checks payable to Leadership Phelps County.
2015-16 Leadership Phelps County Participants