Show-Me Market Showdown
March 2 - May 8, 2015
Here’s How it Works
Show-Me Market Showdown is an online grain marketing game where players compete by making virtual grain marketing transactions. Players in the game are given a grain production scenario and are asked to market their virtual grain using real-time cash, futures and options quotes. Each player’s sales and trades are processed and monitored by CommodityChallenge.com, which is the hosting platform for the game. CommodityChallenge.com tracks each player’s sales, trades and marketing account balance. The game provides players with an opportunity to learn about grain marketing by experimenting with different marketing strategies in a low-risk, fun and friendly competition. In addition to the game, players will receive instruction from MU Extension Ag Business Specialists through a blog and e-mail correspondence.
Rewards and benefits
- Enhance your knowledge of grain marketing tools and concepts
- Improve your market planning and decision-making skills
- Experiment with different marketing strategies without the risk of financial loss
- Flexible participation: participate when and where it is most convenient for you
- Engage in friendly competition with your friends and colleagues
- Compete as yourself or anonymously
Participation is FREE!
Register to participate.
For more information, email Mark Jenner at firstname.lastname@example.org.