MyActivity Pyramid for Kids
Department of Nutritional Sciences
MyActivity Pyramid Windows Media video
Out with the old, PDF
Compare the pyramids, PDF
Be physically active 60 minutes, up to several hours every day. Use these suggestions to help meet your goal.
As often as possible
- Play outside
- Help with chores
- Take the stairs
- Pick up toys
- Ride your bike
- Martial arts, like karate
- Ice or field hockey
Three times a week
- Rope climb
Muscle-strengthening exercises help your bones get stronger so you can run and play.
- Screen time (TV, computer, video games*)
- Sitting longer than 60 minutes
Instead of watching sports on TV, go outside and play a sport!
* Video games that require physical activity may count toward your 60 minutes
Find your balance between food and fun
- Move more. Aim for at least 60 minutes every day.
- Walk, dance, bike, rollerblade — it all counts. How great is that!
N386, reviewed May 2010