The Farm Corporation
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
North Central Regional Publication
Types of farm corporations — sole proprietorship, C corporation, general/limited liability partnership, limited partnership, limited liability company, and S corporation — plus the advantages and disadvantages of each are explained here.
Also considered are
- Deciding to incorporate
- Restrictions for Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota
- The process of incorporation
- Operation, dissolution and liquidation of a farm corporation.
- Death taxes
- Employee benefits for owners
- Federal income tax
- Gift taxes
- Sharing corporate income
- Simplifying estate settlement
- Stock transfer
NCR11, revised September 2002