Living on Acreages: What You Need to Know
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
Living outside the city limits is much different than living in town. What do you need to know to live closer to nature and in harmony with rural neighbors?
If you're thinking of moving to an acreage or inhabit one now, this 8.5-inch by 11-inch paperback will be a valuable instruction manual and reference to everything from building and landscaping in the country to maintaining rural property.
More than 80 drawings, diagrams, photographs, and charts enhance descriptions of essentials.
- Selecting rural living site
- Adapting to life near commercial agriculture
- Traffic rules
- Designing a house
- Evolving life-style needs
- Understanding effects of seasonal weather
- Rural structures
- Avoiding radon
- Installing water and septic systems
- Planning and laying driveways and roadways
- Planning shade and planting trees
- Building optional structures
- Bus shelter for children
- Outdoor burning