Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual CD
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
The Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual CD (Compact Disc) provides information on different types of pork production systems including: farrow-to-finish, wean-to-finish, nursery, and grow/finish operations. The CD contains an interactive cash flow model with base-line economic considerations for 14 different operation scenarios. The CD provides suggestions and recommendations to enhance pork production including. The information is intended to provide additional insight and considerations that might be required as part of a business plan for producers considering these types of pork production systems in Missouri and other Midwestern states.
The Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual is organized as a main file and several groups of supporting files. Supporting files include
- Other documents (proceedings papers or articles and spreadsheets) written by Swine Team members;
- Cited and swine related MU Guides;
- The National Swine Improvement Federation handbook;
- The Pork Industry Handbook; and
- Files from other sources containing information the manual authors considered valuable additions to this CD reference.
A number of links have been incorporated into the main manual file. Three types of hyperlinks exist within the manual. The first hyperlink type links to other portions of the manual that presents information related to the topic where the link is located. The second hyperlink type links the reader to supporting files included on the CD. All supporting files included on this CD can be accessed in some manner from the main file. The third hyperlink type links the reader to related information located on the Web. Web hyperlinks are presented as URLs in the manual text. Internet access is required for Web hyperlinks to be active. A Swine Production and Financial Analysis Program is also included on this CD. The installation files are located on the CD, and installation instructions are presented in Chapter 3 of this Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual.
The manual is published in Adobe® Portable Document Format (PDF). PDF files can be read on a wide variety of computer hardware configurations. To read PDF files on your computer, you need Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® software on your PC. In case you do not already have this software, it is included free of charge on the Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual CD. If you have downloaded and read PDF documents off the Internet, you already have the software.
The minimum system requirements to install Adobe® Acrobat® Reader® version 5.05 are as follows:
- Intel Pentium processor
- Microsoft Windows 95 OSR 2.0, Windows 98 SE, Windows Millennium Edition, Windows NT 4.0 with Service Pack 5, Windows 2000, or Windows XP
- 64MB of RAM
- 24MB of available hard-disk space
- The Missouri Swine Enterprise Manual CD has not been tested on Macintosh computers; however, most features should be available using Acrobat® Reader® for Macintosh.
Adobe, the Adobe logo, Acrobat and Reader are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries.
- Meat quality
- Environmental nutrient management