Dairy Grazing Manual
The following abstract describes a publication that is being revised by chapter. As a chapter is updated, it will become a publication in its own right and its title will become a link to its content. The original Dairy Grazing Manual is still available for purchase and can still be a valuable resource, especially the 30 pages containing color photographs of forage species. A link to ordering information for the original manual is on this page.
The Dairy Grazing Publication Series covers operating and managing a pasture-based dairy. These publications offer dairy producers a better understanding of management-intensive grazing and insight into various factors that affect the profitability of a pasture-based operation. Although the text often refers to conditions in Missouri, many of the principles and concepts described may apply to operations throughout the United States.
Throughout the series, readers will find in-depth discussion of the day-to-day practical concerns of pasture-based dairying.
- M175, Dairy Grazing: Philosophy of Pasture-based Dairying
- M176, Dairy Grazing: Genetics of the Grazing Cow
- M177, Dairy Grazing: Cow Nutrition
- M178, Dairy Grazing: Reproduction
- M179, Dairy Grazing: Herd Health
- M180, Dairy Grazing: Heifer Development
- M181, Dairy Grazing: Selecting the Right Forage
- M182, Dairy Grazing: Growth of Pasture Plants
- M183, Dairy Grazing: Pasture Establishment
- M184, Dairy Grazing: Design and Management of a Dairy Pasture
- M185, Dairy Grazing: Forage Quality and Intake
- M186, Dairy Grazing: Nutrients in a Pasture-Based Grazing System
- M187, Dairy Grazing: Facilities Design
- M188, Dairy Grazing: Milking Management
- M189, Dairy Grazing: Site Evaluation
- M190, Dairy Grazing: Fence and Water Systems for Dairy Grazing
- M191, Dairy Grazing: Keys to Building a Profitable Pasture-Based Dairy Business
- M192, Dairy Grazing: Economics of Pasture-based Dairies
- M193, Dairy Grazing: Dairy Career Paths
M168, revised September 2011