Managing Dry Grain in Storage
The following abstract describes a publication that is only available for purchase. A link to ordering information is on this page.
MidWest Plan Service
Completely rewritten and with new illustrations, Managing Dry Grain in Storage, Second Edition:
- Explains what causes grain to go out of condition.
- Tells how to manage grain to prevent storage problems.
The bulletin emphasizes maintenance of grain at initial storage moisture and does not address intentional drying or rewetting of grain.
Specific sections cover causes of grain storage problems (moisture, contamination, temperature, and site neglect); problem prevention, identification, and solution; additional grain management tips; storage facility safety practices; and sources of additional information. Detailed illustrations, bulleted lists, weather maps, and data tables further clarify information and provide quick reference to important facts.
- Cylindrical storage structures
- Round metal
- Concrete bins
- Principles of grain storage management
- Contained or open, in structures or on ground