In addition to general membership roles and responsibilities,
Steering Committee members:
- Serve on a two-year renewable term (rotating term).
- Submit a slate of Steering Committee members to the MOCAN
membership at the business meeting for the coming year. Nominations
will be allowed from the floor, and voting will be conducted
- Approve major policy or funding issues brought forth by
- Approve the annual work plan and budget (as applicable).
- Approve or reject changes to the operating principles as
recommended by the membership or Steering Committee.
- Elect Steering Committee officers: one Chairperson, one
Vice-Chairperson, one Secretary/Treasurer.
- Recommend guidelines and governance for MOCAN.
- Review/recommend funding issues/decisions affecting MOCAN.
- Act on behalf of MOCAN between large group meetings. In
situations where a decision is needed so quickly that a polling
of the membership is not possible, the Steering Committee will
make the decision. The Steering Committee will make the decision
by consensus or by a majority vote. Decisions made on behalf
of MOCAN will be shared with the membership.
- Promote the Plan as the foundation of the work of MOCAN.
- Review and accept/reject/terminate membership to MOCAN
and identify gaps.
- Assist Work Groups to set priorities for annual MOCAN activities,
- Coordinate an annual evaluation of MOCAN activities.
- Develop an annual budget for MOCAN, as indicated.
- Assist with and communicate funding opportunities to MOCAN
- Meet at least once quarterly, in person or via phone conference.
Members who miss two consecutive meetings without notification
will be considered as resigning from the Steering Committee.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for collaboration
across health promotion and chronic disease initiatives, other
coalitions and MOCAN, e.g., matters concerning policy issues,
communications and funding.
- Coordinate MOCAN meetings and professional development
- Provide ongoing communication to the MOCAN membership.
- Review the Operating Principles at least annually.