MoCAN consists of seven Work Groups:
In addition to general membership roles and responsibilities, Work Group members:
- Identify two individuals to serve as members of the Steering Committee.
- Attend the meetings of MoCAN and Work Groups, and meet as needed between large group meetings.
- Assure Work Group representation at each MoCAN and Steering Committee meeting.
- Join the appropriate Work Group List Serve.
- Identify, recruit and retain additional members.
- Contribute relevant data and other information, e.g., new research or information for evaluation activities.
- Provide monthly and annual updates to the Steering Committee.
- Provide technical assistance to MoCAN members.
- Assist with the revision of the Burden of Overweight and Obesity document and the Plan as necessary.
- Address specific time-sensitive needs.
- Complete the activities of their respective Work Groups, collaboratively, as determined by the members.
- Utilizing the Plan goals and objectives as a framework, gather and maintain an inventory of member agencies and their activities, and catalogue how they relate to the Plan.
- Initiate and facilitate member discussions regarding issues that require action from their individual Work Groups. Examples include: pending legislation that may affect school wellness programs or policies, or MoCAN as a whole, e.g., legislation and policy issues that cut across all disciplines, e.g., those that would apply to all health promotion and chronic diseases, and may be better addressed through an interagency sub-group.
- Actively participate in all of the meetings of MoCAN and their Work Group.
- Undertake other responsibilities as identified.