Participation in MELD VI is by application only. Only those extension workers who have not participated in past MELD experiences will be considered. The MELD VI training team will select participants. The team will specifically look for applicants who are
- motivated to explore change and to lead in a changing environment;
- open-minded and open to diverse experiences;
- looking for opportunities to enhance their personal and professional capacity;
- in possession of a breadth of interests and experiences, including leadership activities in the workplace and beyond;
- willing to take risks and move beyond what is comfortable;
- demonstrative of leadership potential; and
- committed to participating in all MELD VI sessions.
Those selected, as a group, will be expected to reflect the diversity of University of Missouri Extension and the broader society in terms of their work role and program focus, as well as age, ethnicity, gender, physical and mental ability, race, sexual orientation and spiritual practices.
MELD is sponsored by University of Missouri Extension.
Who should apply?
- University of Missouri Extension faculty and professional staff, including Extension administration and campus and field faculty from UMC, UMSL, UMR, UMKC and Lincoln University on academic appointment with .75 FTE or greater. (Two years’ experience preferred.)
- Current and emerging leaders with University of Missouri Extension.
- MU Extension educators who desire a new perspective on their profession.
Please forward the electronic application to your supervisor and to Bud Reber (ReberL@missouri.edu) by the close of business on Aug. 30, 2013. Your supervisor will be contacted for their input. Exempt employees are eligible to apply. Two years of MU Extension experience is preferred.
MELD VI application (PDF)
MELD VI application (DOC)
For eligibility questions, contact Bud Reber at ReberL@missouri.edu or 314-210-5935.