A state affiliate of the National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
The unique role of MEAFCS is to promote, support and recognize Missouri's Extension Family and Consumer Science educators; and to represent their programming efforts and issues throughout University of Missouri Extension.
2015-2016 MEAFCS Officers & Board
President - Sarah Traub
President-Elect - Maude Harris
Past-President - Bethany Bachmann
Secretary - Linda Morgan
Treasurer - Susan Mills-Gray
VP for Awards and Recognition - Kandace Fisher-McLean
VP for Professional Development - Emily Crowe
VP for Member Resources - Jessica Trussell
VP for Public Affairs - Holly Jay
2016 Membership Benefits
Membership in NEAFCS has many benefits. Among them are:
- Access to a growing, nationwide network of nearly 2,000 Extension professionals actively involved in Family & Consumer Sciences programming in their communities.
- Opportunities to develop and enhance your leadership and management skills by serving in a leadership capacity on the state or national level.
- Forums for presenting research and program information and discussing common Extension concerns at annual conferences, through webinars, and in the Journal of NEAFCS.
- Recognition for outstanding achievements through an extensive awards and recognition program.
- Discount on conference registration packages.
- Access to professional development opportunities on the state, regional and national levels. This includes free webinars for all members sponsored by NEAFCS.
- Ability to earn continuing education credits through participation in national meetings.
- Up to date information on the latest products, methods, materials and technological advances to enhance the effectiveness of your programs.
- Opportunity to serve as External Reviewers for promotion and tenure, as well as publication reviews.
- Access to creative networking opportunities through www.neafcs.org.
NEAFCS Annual Session
discover I connect I engage
Big Sky, Montana
September 12-16, 2016
October 15-19, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
September 24-27, 2018