Tuesday, April 19, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Missouri farmers learned from last year’s planting season.
Media available: photo
Thursday, April 7, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Yield potential drops when corn is not planted at the right depth, says University of Missouri Extension corn specialist Greg Luce.
Tuesday, March 29, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers who planted cover crops last fall need to terminate them before planting corn or soybeans, says a University of Missouri Extension weed specialist.
Wednesday, March 23, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – A single teaspoon of living soil can contain billions of bacteria, protozoa and fungi. When those soil microbes do what they do best—feed, reproduce and live—they produce mucilage or biofilm, which are nice words for slime.
Media available: audio; photos
Tuesday, March 1, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The clock is ticking for livestock producers as new Food and Drug Administration rules go into effect in December governing all feed-grade and water-soluble antibiotics that are considered medically important.
Friday, December 18, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – The human body is more than 70 percent water and it needs to be replenished every day. But how good is the water you’re drinking?
Tuesday, December 1, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – A new online tool can help landowners and land managers better understand their land.
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. – Building on more than 51 years of service to the agriculture industry, the University of Missouri T.E. “Jake” Fisher Delta Research Center will host its annual Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, January 31, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – A healthy garden starts from the ground up.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AF1009, Establishing and Managing Riparian Forest Buffers
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB3, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G100 - G1999
- CB5, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G6000 - G9999
- DVD12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- G1500, Choosing Terrace Systems
- G1501, Operating and Maintaining Underground Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1503, Operating and Maintaining Grassed Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1504, Maintaining Grassed Waterways
- G1506, Design Criteria for Diversions
- G1507, Design Criteria for Cross-Slope Channels
- G1509, Controlling Runoff and Erosion at Urban Construction Sites
- G1510, Design Criteria for Canopy and Hood Inlet Spillways
- G1514, Design Criteria for Formless Concrete Flumes
- G1520, Discharge Capacity Tables for Canopy, Hood, Morning Glory and Drop Inlet Spillways
- G1528, Design Criteria for Debris Basins
- G1530, Operation of a Bottom Withdrawal (Lake Cleaning) Spillway
- G1531, Design Criteria for Bottom-Withdrawal (Lake-Cleaning) Spillway
- G1548, Maintaining Small Dams
- G1562, Estimating Soil Erosion for Conservation Planning
- G1570, Estimating Residue: Line Transect Method
- G1606, Culverts and Flood Gates
- G1650, Conservation Tillage and Residue Management to Reduce Soil Erosion
- G1652, Ridge-Till Tips
- G1653, Vegetative Barriers for Erosion Control
- G1885, Fugitive Dust: Nonpoint Sources
- G4161, Cover Crops in Missouri: Putting Them to Work on Your Farm
- G9401, Managing Missouri Fish Ponds During an Extended Drought
- PALS1, Site Assessment for Better Gardens and Landscapes