Thursday, November 3, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Ben Franklin’s adage of “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” could be gardeners’ theme song for November.
Tuesday, October 25, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Tree leaves can be a gardener’s best friend when used correctly. Use leaves to start a compost pile or add nutrients to lawns, said University of Missouri Extension horticulturist David Trinklein.
Media available: photo
Wednesday, October 12, 2016MARBLE HILL, Mo. – Feed your garden and it will feed you.
Wednesday, October 12, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – If you hate raking and bagging leaves, University of Missouri Extension horticulturist Brad Fresenburg has good news for you.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – An improved online tool gives information from many sources on land tracts.
Wednesday, September 14, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – “You don’t need to have a green thumb to be a good gardener, but it certainly helps to have good soil,” said David Trinklein, University of Missouri Extension horticulture specialist. Unfortunately, most Missouri soils are less than ideal for gardening.
Thursday, July 14, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – How late in the growing season can rescue nitrogen be applied to corn and still be profitable?
Thursday, June 23, 2016MARSHFIELD, Mo. – Maintaining farm roads and driveways saves you time and money, says University of Missouri Extension specialist Bob Schultheis.
Tuesday, March 1, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The clock is ticking for livestock producers as new Food and Drug Administration rules go into effect in December governing all feed-grade and water-soluble antibiotics that are considered medically important.
Wednesday, August 15, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Resources threatened by this year’s drought include ponds that depend on surface runoff for water. Fish are at risk from high water temperatures, oxygen depletion, increased disease potential and other problems as water levels drop in ponds through lack of runoff and evaporation, said Bob Pierce, University of Missouri Extension state fisheries and wildlife specialist.
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. – Building on more than 51 years of service to the agriculture industry, the University of Missouri T.E. “Jake” Fisher Delta Research Center will host its annual Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, January 31, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – A healthy garden starts from the ground up.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AF1009, Establishing and Managing Riparian Forest Buffers
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB3, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G100 - G1999
- CB5, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G6000 - G9999
- DVD12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- G1500, Choosing Terrace Systems
- G1501, Operating and Maintaining Underground Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1503, Operating and Maintaining Grassed Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1504, Maintaining Grassed Waterways
- G1506, Design Criteria for Diversions
- G1507, Design Criteria for Cross-Slope Channels
- G1509, Controlling Runoff and Erosion at Urban Construction Sites
- G1510, Design Criteria for Canopy and Hood Inlet Spillways
- G1514, Design Criteria for Formless Concrete Flumes
- G1520, Discharge Capacity Tables for Canopy, Hood, Morning Glory and Drop Inlet Spillways
- G1528, Design Criteria for Debris Basins
- G1530, Operation of a Bottom Withdrawal (Lake Cleaning) Spillway
- G1531, Design Criteria for Bottom-Withdrawal (Lake-Cleaning) Spillway
- G1548, Maintaining Small Dams
- G1562, Estimating Soil Erosion for Conservation Planning
- G1570, Estimating Residue: Line Transect Method
- G1606, Culverts and Flood Gates
- G1650, Conservation Tillage and Residue Management to Reduce Soil Erosion
- G1652, Ridge-Till Tips
- G1653, Vegetative Barriers for Erosion Control
- G1885, Fugitive Dust: Nonpoint Sources
- G4161, Cover Crops in Missouri: Putting Them to Work on Your Farm
- G9401, Managing Missouri Fish Ponds During an Extended Drought
- PALS1, Site Assessment for Better Gardens and Landscapes