Friday, July 11, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – “Rebuilding Soils for a Changing Climate” is the theme of the Aug. 13-14 Soil Health Exposition at the University of Missouri Bradford Research Center.
Tuesday, July 1, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– A presentation and panel discussion on porcine epidemic diarrhea virus has been added to the 2014 North American Manure Expo.
Friday, May 16, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– The 2014 North American Manure Expo will be held in Springfield, Missouri, on July 8-9. The expo rotates among states each year and this is the first year Missouri is hosting the event.
Friday, May 2, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– University of Missouri Extension has released a guide for farmers thinking about using a forage irrigation system.
Monday, April 28, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.–Decades of cover crop research is beginning to pay off.
Thursday, April 10, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension has released a new Web-based application to help farmers manage soil nutrient needs on farms.
Media available: photo
Tuesday, April 8, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Past performance does not guarantee future results. That’s true in your lawn and garden as well as the stock market. If you haven’t had a soil test in the past few years, it would be a worthwhile investment, says a University of Missouri Extension horticulturist.
Thursday, February 6, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Winter seeding clover over grass pastures works best in February. Frozen fields are ideal and a snow cover makes seeding easier.
Monday, January 13, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers have a new set of free tools to help them make crop decisions.
Friday, August 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.– University of Missouri Extension centers are gearing up for Master Gardener classes this fall.
Media available: photo
Friday, March 1, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.– Many garden and home-improvement stores offer a seemingly endless selection of fertilizers. What’s the best choice for your lawn or garden? Only your soil knows for sure.
Media available: photo
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. – Building on more than 51 years of service to the agriculture industry, the University of Missouri T.E. “Jake” Fisher Delta Research Center will host its annual Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, January 31, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – A healthy garden starts from the ground up.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AF1009, Establishing and Managing Riparian Forest Buffers
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB3, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G100 - G1999
- CB5, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G6000 - G9999
- DVD12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- G1500, Choosing Terrace Systems
- G1501, Operating and Maintaining Underground Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1503, Operating and Maintaining Grassed Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1504, Maintaining Grassed Waterways
- G1506, Design Criteria for Diversions
- G1507, Design Criteria for Cross-Slope Channels
- G1509, Controlling Runoff and Erosion at Urban Construction Sites
- G1510, Design Criteria for Canopy and Hood Inlet Spillways
- G1514, Design Criteria for Formless Concrete Flumes
- G1520, Discharge Capacity Tables for Canopy, Hood, Morning Glory and Drop Inlet Spillways
- G1528, Design Criteria for Debris Basins
- G1530, Operation of a Bottom Withdrawal (Lake Cleaning) Spillway
- G1531, Design Criteria for Bottom-Withdrawal (Lake-Cleaning) Spillway
- G1548, Maintaining Small Dams
- G1562, Estimating Soil Erosion for Conservation Planning
- G1570, Estimating Residue: Line Transect Method
- G1606, Culverts and Flood Gates
- G1650, Conservation Tillage and Residue Management to Reduce Soil Erosion
- G1652, Ridge-Till Tips
- G1653, Vegetative Barriers for Erosion Control
- G1885, Fugitive Dust: Nonpoint Sources
- G9401, Managing Missouri Fish Ponds During an Extended Drought
- PALS1, Site Assessment for Better Gardens and Landscapes