Friday, December 18, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – The human body is more than 70 percent water and it needs to be replenished every day. But how good is the water you’re drinking?
Tuesday, December 1, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Despite a growing season of extremes, soybean in the University of Missouri Variety Testing Program show surprisingly good yields, said MU Extension agronomist Bill Wiebold.
Tuesday, December 1, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – A new online tool can help landowners and land managers better understand their land.
Tuesday, November 3, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Timely planting played a large part in corn yields listed in the 2015 University of Missouri Variety Testing Program report released at the end of October.
Thursday, October 15, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – When corn was $7 a bushel, a lot of farmers converted pasture from grass to row crops. Now, with crop prices much lower and pasture values on the rise, many of those farmers are thinking about putting those acres back into grass.
Thursday, September 3, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension has released a new guide, “Cover Crops in Missouri: Putting Them to Work on Your Farm” (G4161), available for free download at extension.missouri.edu/p/G4161.
Monday, August 3, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – New soybean varieties resistant to weedkillers 2,4-D and dicamba are expected to be available to Missouri producers next year, pending regulatory review.
Thursday, August 9, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – The livestock industry is taking a direct hit by this summer’s drought, and that will impact consumers’ wallets next year, says a University of Missouri agricultural economist.
Media available: video
Wednesday, August 8, 2012NOVELTY, Mo. – Zac Erwin stood by a drought-stunted field of Sudangrass as he talked to wagon-loads of field day visitors at the MU Greenley Research Center, Aug. 7.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA – Soybeans that won’t make a seed crop offer potential high-quality forage for beef and dairy producers. The decision to cut beans for hay won’t be easy, say University of Missouri Extension specialists.
Friday, August 3, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Farmers are reporting that in spite of prolonged drought and hot temperatures their soybean plants appear amazingly green for this time of year.
Wednesday, August 1, 2012PORTAGEVILLE, Mo. – Building on more than 51 years of service to the agriculture industry, the University of Missouri T.E. “Jake” Fisher Delta Research Center will host its annual Field Day, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., Friday, Aug. 31.
Media available: photos
Tuesday, January 31, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – A healthy garden starts from the ground up.
Browse these University of Missouri websites:
You may be interested in these external websites:
You may be interested in these related publications:
- AF1009, Establishing and Managing Riparian Forest Buffers
- CB1, Agriculture Guide Book
- CB3, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G100 - G1999
- CB5, Binder of MU Agricultural Guides G6000 - G9999
- DVD12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- EV12, Management Intensive Grazing Video Series
- G1500, Choosing Terrace Systems
- G1501, Operating and Maintaining Underground Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1503, Operating and Maintaining Grassed Outlet Terrace Systems
- G1504, Maintaining Grassed Waterways
- G1506, Design Criteria for Diversions
- G1507, Design Criteria for Cross-Slope Channels
- G1509, Controlling Runoff and Erosion at Urban Construction Sites
- G1510, Design Criteria for Canopy and Hood Inlet Spillways
- G1514, Design Criteria for Formless Concrete Flumes
- G1520, Discharge Capacity Tables for Canopy, Hood, Morning Glory and Drop Inlet Spillways
- G1528, Design Criteria for Debris Basins
- G1530, Operation of a Bottom Withdrawal (Lake Cleaning) Spillway
- G1531, Design Criteria for Bottom-Withdrawal (Lake-Cleaning) Spillway
- G1548, Maintaining Small Dams
- G1562, Estimating Soil Erosion for Conservation Planning
- G1570, Estimating Residue: Line Transect Method
- G1606, Culverts and Flood Gates
- G1650, Conservation Tillage and Residue Management to Reduce Soil Erosion
- G1652, Ridge-Till Tips
- G1653, Vegetative Barriers for Erosion Control
- G1885, Fugitive Dust: Nonpoint Sources
- G4161, Cover Crops in Missouri: Putting Them to Work on Your Farm
- G9401, Managing Missouri Fish Ponds During an Extended Drought
- PALS1, Site Assessment for Better Gardens and Landscapes