Monday, February 20, 2017KIRKSVILLE, Mo. – A local foods workshop to help farmers markets vendors increase sales is set for 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday, Feb. 24, in Kirksville at the University of Missouri Extension Center in Adair County.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017ST. JOSEPH, Mo. – Registration is open for the fourth annual Small Acreage and Land Entrepreneur (SALE) Conference on March 4 in St. Joseph.
Wednesday, February 15, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – U.S. dairy industry faced difficult economics in 2016 with dropping milk prices. However, many producers felt the government safety net in the 2014 farm bill did little to help.
Tuesday, February 7, 2017ROLLA, Mo. – Grow Your Farm sessions for beginning farmers start Feb. 25 at Missouri University of Science and Technology, Rolla.
Monday, January 30, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – University of Missouri Extension, Missouri Dairy Association and MultiMin USA will sponsor dairy profit seminars at five locations in February.
Tuesday, January 24, 2017WARRENSBURG, Mo. – Grow Your Farm sessions for beginning farmers begin Feb. 21 at the University of Missouri Extension Center in Johnson County.
Thursday, January 12, 2017COLUMBIA, Mo. – “Why do you hang on to your calves?” the beef economist asked cow-herd owners in the room.
Thursday, March 10, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The next 10 years could be difficult for farmers. That was the message of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) annual baseline report delivered to Congress on March 10.
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G601, Agricultural Commodity Futures Contract Specifications
- G602, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Futures
- G603, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Options
- G604, Commodity Futures Terminology
- G605, Interpreting Commodity Futures and Options Price Quotes
- G606, An Introduction to Basis
- G607, Long Hedge Example With Futures
- G608, Short Hedge Example With Futures
- G609, Long Hedge Example With Options
- G610, Short Hedge Example With Options
- G611, Using Commodity Futures as a Price Forecasting Tool