Thursday, September 22, 2016SPICKARD, Mo. – “As beef prices drop, improved genetics gain value,” Dave Patterson told Thompson Farm visitors Tuesday, Sept. 20.
Wednesday, September 21, 2016SPICKARD, Mo. – Cow herd owners leery of the futures market or insurance for risk management can look to quality beef for protection.
Thursday, September 8, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – As a livestock economist, Scott Brown hears the same question every day: “How low can prices go?”
Thursday, March 10, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The next 10 years could be difficult for farmers. That was the message of the Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) annual baseline report delivered to Congress on March 10.
Monday, February 29, 2016FORSYTH, Mo. – Beef calves born early in the calving season are worth more. Ranch records show those economics. Research from the University of Missouri Thompson Farm shows how to get more calves born early in the season.
You may be interested in these external websites:
- G601, Agricultural Commodity Futures Contract Specifications
- G602, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Futures
- G603, Introduction to Hedging Agricultural Commodities With Options
- G604, Commodity Futures Terminology
- G605, Interpreting Commodity Futures and Options Price Quotes
- G606, An Introduction to Basis
- G607, Long Hedge Example With Futures
- G608, Short Hedge Example With Futures
- G609, Long Hedge Example With Options
- G610, Short Hedge Example With Options
- G611, Using Commodity Futures as a Price Forecasting Tool