Tuesday, June 16, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo. – Efforts to stop the drop in dairy cow numbers will be the topic at a Breimyer Seminar, July 13, at the University of Missouri.
Thursday, April 30, 2015COLUMBIA, Mo.—Missouri, with a rich heritage in milk production, is primed for dairy revitalization, says a University of Missouri Extension economist.
Wednesday, November 5, 2014PURDY, Mo.– Dairy farmer Charles Fletcher is a musician at heart. Since switching from a traditional dairy system to pasture-based rotational grazing 17 years ago, he has expanded his operation, increased his bottom line and has more time to make music, playing harmonica with a local bluegrass group called Ozark Mountain Revival.
Media available: video
Wednesday, October 15, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Dairy producers are coming off a tremendously profitable 2014, and the outlook for 2015 is promising.
You may be interested in these related publications:
- G2017, Pelvic Measurements and Calving Difficulty
- G2230, Body Condition Scoring of Beef and Dairy Animals
- G3030, Getting Problem Cows Pregnant
- G3050, Introduction to Pasture-Based Dairy Models
- G3051, Converting an Existing Dairy to the Missouri 75-Cow Grazing Model
- G3052, Starting a 75-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3053, Starting a 150-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3054, Starting a 300-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3055, Starting a 600-Cow Intensive Rotational Grazing Dairy
- G3555, Raising Calves on Stored Colostrum
- G3661, Artisan Cheeses in Missouri: Retail Grocers' Perceptions
- G3662, Artisan Cheeses in Missouri: Consumer Buying Habits and Preferences