Friday, July 22, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – “In this heat, remove cattle from toxic tall-fescue pastures,” says Craig Roberts, University of Missouri Extension forage specialist. “Get them onto nontoxic grass with shade and plenty of water.”
Monday, July 18, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – The summer slump in cool-season grass growth got a knockout punch from heavy rains in July across much of Missouri.
Tuesday, May 10, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Legumes make good additions to livestock pastures, up to a point. Too much can cause “slobbers.”
Thursday, May 5, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – Genetics of beef cattle vary by region across the United States. Those differences develop over time as beef herds evolve in local environments.
Media available: photo
Friday, April 1, 2016COLUMBIA, Mo. – At the end of the day, beef farmer Darrel Franson asked fellow farmers at the school if they knew the difference between the three kinds of fescue.
Thursday, June 28, 2012COLUMBIA, Mo. – Drought-stricken forages that accumulate nitrates can kill grazing livestock, quickly, warns a University of Missouri plant scientist.
- EQ380, Pumps and Watering Systems for Managed Beef Grazing
- G2051, Feed Ingredient Composition for Beef Cattle
- G2053, Using Net Energy to Formulate Beef Cattle Rations
- G2056, High-Moisture Grain for Beef Cattle
- G2058, Vitamins for Beef Cattle
- G2064, Winter Rations for Beef Calves
- G2066, Rations for Growing and Finishing Beef Cattle
- G2071, Urea Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2072, Grain and Protein Supplements for Beef Cattle on Pasture
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G2077, Feeding Poultry Litter to Beef Cattle
- G2081, Mineral Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2083, Calculating Fertilizer Value of Supplemental Feed for Cattle on Pasture
- G2090, Growth Stimulants (Implants)
- G2096, Backgrounding Calves Part 2: Herd Health and Feeding
- G2102, Care of Newly Purchased Feeder Cattle
- G4570, Reducing Losses when Feeding Hay to Beef Cattle
- M151, Beef Cow/Calf: Nutrition
- M152, Beef Cow/Calf: Forage Management
- M158, Summer Grazing in Missouri: Pasture Management and Beef Production
You may be interested in these related publications: