Wednesday, December 4, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Temperatures drop, sunshine dims and pastures stop growing. That’s when cow nutrition becomes critical, says Justin Sexten, University of Missouri Extension beef nutritionist.
Thursday, November 7, 2013KIRKSVILLE, Mo. – This year’s Missouri Livestock Symposium will help beef producers plan for the future, says Garry Mathes, chairman of the symposium’s planning committee.
Thursday, November 7, 2013LAKE OZARK, Mo. – With more pasture acreage converted to crops, livestock producers heard ways to improve grazing gains at the Missouri Forage and Grassland Conference, Nov. 4-5 at Port Arrowhead at Lake of the Ozarks.
Wednesday, September 18, 2013SPICKARD, Mo.—Breeding protocols to produce quality beef are “on the shelf,” ready for cow herd owners to use. University of Missouri scientists told the story behind breeding progress at a field day, Sept 17, at MU Thompson Farm in Grundy County.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–Cattle prices have been at record highs the last few years. The reason is less meat on the market.
Thursday, March 28, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–During the drought of 2012, producers with disappearing forage were seeking options to feed livestock.
Monday, March 25, 2013LINNEUS, Mo. – Kentucky 31 tall fescue covers the ground well and resists insects, drought and overgrazing. But this most widely used pasture grass in Missouri has a flaw. “Common fescue is toxic to livestock,” said Craig Roberts, University of Missouri Extension forage specialist.
Wednesday, January 23, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo. – Another drought year ahead or not, adding more forages to the grazing mix helps during the annual summer slump, says a University of Missouri Extension forage specialist.
- EQ380, Pumps and Watering Systems for Managed Beef Grazing
- G2051, Feed Ingredient Composition for Beef Cattle
- G2053, Using Net Energy to Formulate Beef Cattle Rations
- G2056, High-Moisture Grain for Beef Cattle
- G2058, Vitamins for Beef Cattle
- G2064, Winter Rations for Beef Calves
- G2066, Rations for Growing and Finishing Beef Cattle
- G2071, Urea Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2072, Grain and Protein Supplements for Beef Cattle on Pasture
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G2077, Feeding Poultry Litter to Beef Cattle
- G2081, Mineral Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2083, Calculating Fertilizer Value of Supplemental Feed for Cattle on Pasture
- G2090, Growth Stimulants (Implants)
- G2096, Backgrounding Calves Part 2: Herd Health and Feeding
- G2102, Care of Newly Purchased Feeder Cattle
- G4570, Reducing Losses when Feeding Hay to Beef Cattle
- M151, Beef Cow/Calf: Nutrition
- M152, Beef Cow/Calf: Forage Management
- M158, Summer Grazing in Missouri: Pasture Management and Beef Production
You may be interested in these related publications: