Monday, April 14, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Cattle producers facing fewer grazing acres for herd expansion can boost beef production with better grass.
Tuesday, April 1, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo.– Record cattle prices have caused a large uptick in beef prices at the grocery store.
Friday, March 28, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – A blackened pasture warms faster on a cold spring day. That starts early grass growth.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – At the first sign of green grass growing in pastures, farmers will be tempted to turn in livestock for grazing.
Wednesday, March 19, 2014COLUMBIA, Mo. – Pastures converted to crops may be a good way to renew toxic fescue pastures. Dropping crop prices and rising beef prices may draw marginal cropland into improved pastures.
Tuesday, April 16, 2013COLUMBIA, Mo.–Cattle prices have been at record highs the last few years. The reason is less meat on the market.
- EQ380, Pumps and Watering Systems for Managed Beef Grazing
- G2051, Feed Ingredient Composition for Beef Cattle
- G2053, Using Net Energy to Formulate Beef Cattle Rations
- G2056, High-Moisture Grain for Beef Cattle
- G2058, Vitamins for Beef Cattle
- G2064, Winter Rations for Beef Calves
- G2066, Rations for Growing and Finishing Beef Cattle
- G2071, Urea Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2072, Grain and Protein Supplements for Beef Cattle on Pasture
- G2076, Alternative Feeds for Beef Cows and Stockers
- G2077, Feeding Poultry Litter to Beef Cattle
- G2081, Mineral Supplements for Beef Cattle
- G2083, Calculating Fertilizer Value of Supplemental Feed for Cattle on Pasture
- G2090, Growth Stimulants (Implants)
- G2096, Backgrounding Calves Part 2: Herd Health and Feeding
- G2102, Care of Newly Purchased Feeder Cattle
- G4570, Reducing Losses when Feeding Hay to Beef Cattle
- M151, Beef Cow/Calf: Nutrition
- M152, Beef Cow/Calf: Forage Management
- M158, Summer Grazing in Missouri: Pasture Management and Beef Production
You may be interested in these related publications: